Serge Bolshakov - a great ecumenist of the ROCOR

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Serge Bolshakov - a great ecumenist of the ROCOR

Post by Barbara »

Elder Michael of Valaam, spiritual son of earlier Elder Michael of Valaam. Think how few Russian or other Orthodox Elders are named Michael !

Followup : I started reading sections of this book a few months after this discussion. I recalled the content fairly well, and remembered that it was probably the 1st of the St Herman Press books that I read.

I am surprised to see that this book is currently selling on amazon for between $ 661 and $ 7,304 ! It is out of print, but I wonder why ? Could some of the content have been questioned ? The book in this series on Schemanun Macaria turned out to be made up by an overenthusiastic follower of hers. Was there not enough interest in Elder Michael, or were some of Sergius Bolshakoff's writings proven later to have been not quite accurate ? Unfortunately, this is a mystery that may not be solved, since all those who knew the Valaam Elder have long ago reposed.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

I am surprised the price it so high , when i was very young i drove to Platina, they gave me some books i met a Fr Joseph he left a very good impression on me , although at the time i knew nothing of Fr Herman i met him however i did not feel him as a trustworthy person.

Orthodox in Michigan

[quote="Orthodox in Michigan"]I am surprised the price it so high , when i was very young i drove to Platina, they gave me some books i met a Fr Joseph he left a very good impression on me.

Orthodox in Michigan