Name-Glorifying's Encroachment into Russian Orthodoxy

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Alexander Kuzmin

Re: Rafail and Lurie against "Name-Fighting" heresy

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Thank you for confirmation. Meanwhile the GOC can provide such documents, Maria gave the links above.

Let us wait for the clarification of Archbishop Andrei to see if it will be some general words or a document. The same is true about RTOC. :)

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Post by Suaidan »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

Thank you for confirmation. Meanwhile the GOC can provide such documents, Maria gave the links above.

Let us wait for the clarification of Archbishop Andrei to see if it will be some general words or a document. The same is true about RTOC. :)

Keep waiting if you'd like someone to do it. I know his position. So I don't need to call. I know you're misrepresenting the ROAC and name-worshippers in Russia already.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

The position of Archbishop Andrei is not very interesting to me. I am more interested in the position of people and bishops in Russia. I will wait for the clarification of Archbishop Andrei concerning the official position of ROAC. But I will believe this position only if it is confirmed by a document. Let us see.

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Dcn.Ephrem
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

Deacon Joseph is very right that we have not considered it necessary to make our own unique condemnation, finding it sufficient to simply maintain and express our agreement with the condemnations of the Russian Church from the early 20th Century. The document that I linked to is clear about that. As a ROAC clergyman, I will say that this is our position. Mr. Kuzmin, who, it must be pointed out, belongs to a group which has its origin in a schism from ROAC, is allowed to have his own opinion. But I think that his conflict of interest is obvious and does not require comment.

While I do not want to offend Mr. Kuzmin in the least, I cannot help but ask why he is allowed to post in this private forum. He belongs to a group which openly accepts an acknowledged heresy and which is not considered to truly belong to the True Orthodox community. In the past this forum has not tolerated promotion of name-worshiping, even in the public areas, but now Mr. Kuzmin is being allowed to cause a scandal and to confuse True Orthodox believers by insinuating rumors and slanders about True Orthodox bishops and synods.

Fr. Deacon Ephrem Cummings
Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church (ROAC)

Dcn.Ephrem

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

And I would also add that whether they satisfy Mr. Kuzmin or not, it remains the case that the only documents which the ROAC has produced concerning name-worshiping are condemnations. The burden of evidence remains very much on him.

Dcn.Ephrem

Post by Dcn.Ephrem »

I would also like to apologize to anyone whom I have offended. I have nothing more to say on this name-worshiping matter, or on the GOC-Cyprianite matter. I simply wanted to clarify our position toward the former and our apprehensions about the latter. It seems to me that I have gone too far in allowing arguments to develop. Forgive me, and let us remember our true work.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Dcn.Ephrem wrote:

I would also like to apologize to anyone whom I have offended. I have nothing more to say on this name-worshiping matter, or on the GOC-Cyprianite matter. I simply wanted to clarify our position toward the former and our apprehensions about the latter. It seems to me that I have gone too far in allowing arguments to develop. Forgive me, and let us remember our true work.

Thank you, Father Deacon Ephrem.

We need and cherish your valuable input.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.