Wretched Corpses of Athonites who concelebrated with Papists

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Wretched Corpses of Athonites who concelebrated with Papists

Post by Maria »

I came across this video today. Has anyone heard about these wretched corpses that are incorrupt but foul smelling?

The Wretched Corpses of the Athonites who concelebrated with the Papists

Warning: while there are no pictures and the video has a lovely chant in the background, the words detail quite shocking discoveries. I do not suggest that you grab some popcorn or try to eat food while watching it.

Last edited by Maria on Fri 6 November 2015 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fourth time that youtube has disabled this link. They hate this video. Wonder why?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Wretched Corpses of Athonites who concelebrated with Pap

Post by Maria »

Has anyone else heard this story about Athonites who concelebrated with the Papists and who are living an undying death.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

No, I haven't heard of this before. Why don't the monks of Athos take pictures or videos of these wretched corpses and so warn the world?
I have doubts...

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks, Lydia, for saying what I suspected too from the very outset.
Warned well by Maria, I did not even consider to look at the video. I want to be able to eat my popcorn...

The very topic suggests that someone is up to some propaganda, and almost desperate to dissuade anyone else from this pursuit. But it sounds like they pushed the idea too far to the point of straining one's ability to believe such claims, and used perhaps an overdose of theatricality > ?

Which organization published the video ?

Pious fabrications are not unheard of. Remember the patently obvious phony "miracle" in syria that so many were raving about some years ago ? A total fraud !

Maria
Archon

Re: Wretched Corpses of Athonites who concelebrated with Papists

Post by Maria »

Once again, I have had to replace the link of that video thanks to the censors at youtube who do not want the truth to be known. This is the fourth time this youtube video link on the Wretched Corpses has been disabled.

However, several people have confirmed that this story about the Wretched Corpses of the Athonites is true.

Here is a link to a closed facebook forum from which I obtained the letter of Elder Sabba regarding those wretched corpses of Athonites who concelebrated with Papists. Immediately below the link is an excerpt from that letter which pertains to those corpses.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6039883 ... 854206568/

At the concelebration in Rome, Demetrios did not receive the host from the Pope in order to avoid
hostile reactions from “conservatives.” However, there in Rome, he did subscribe to the doctrine that
the Latins possess the Mysteries of the Church, and he continues to do so. Is that not enough? When
did the Saints and Christians of any century in which a heresy was widely preached ever react as do
you, who continue to commemorate Demetrios? What precedent have you found in the history of the
Church so you can say you are following it? If you are sons of the Saints (that is, imitators and
followers of the Saints), “ye would have done the works of Abraham” as the Gospel says. In the time of
Patriarch Beccus, the fathers of Mount Athos stopped commemorating him even though he had not
been deposed by a Council; and because they remained steadfast in their adherence to the precepts of
the Fathers (that is, had no communion with those who departed from the Orthodox Faith), Christ
granted them the martyr’s crown. As for those who concelebrated with the commemorators of the
Latin-minded “official” patriarch, Beccus, their corpses are found to this day, as is well-known,
swollen, stinking, and undecomposed, to be an example to all