The Ecumenist False Council of 2016

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: The Ecumenist False Council of 2016

Post by Jean-Serge »

Now, it is Antioch that announces it will not attend the council whereas Metr. Hilarion asserts that postponing it would be a better thing.

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/94045.htm

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/94073.htm

What news will tomorrow bring ? It looks like they are determined to entertain us.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I looked on pravoslavie.ru today but didn't see either of these articles. Maybe they appeared later. I was hoping for some concrete information, as we are all in suspense waiting to see what will happen. Popcorn and snacks are a good suggestion, Jean-Serge, as we all wait.

Thanks for the update, then, about Antioch.

Not having seen that, I found in my normal news headlines tonight this title :

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ap/ ... ran/nrcQb/

If this link doesn't work, it's because my computer is balking at copying the title. Maybe my computer senses something...

At least this AP article sounds more knowledgeable, written by a Russian, Vladimir Isachenkov. Somewhat of a relief after the amateurish effort I quoted in a previous thread.

However, Mr Isachenkov wrote "Hilarion, a bishop who heads the department of external church relations..."
Why is it so hard to write "Metropolitan HIlarion [Alfeyev] to give the proper title. And also show that the person being quoted holds a high rank in his organization, thereby to better clue in the reader ?

This writer goes on to quote plain "Hilarion" throughout the rest, with no title at all appended - ! There are many hierarchs all over the world bearing that name. For example, at first, reading "Hilarion", I thought of Rocor-MP's Metropolitan.

So why doesn't the Council get canceled / postphoned ?? I hope the former happens.

Jean-Serge, thank you so much for explaining about Qatar. I had no idea there was any dispute.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Now, the Serbs are pulling out of the council too...

http://www.pravmir.com/serbian-orthodox ... x-council/

Tomorrow, the Georgians will decide if they go or not.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Someone mentioned on facebook that if this "Great" council is called off due to lack of participation, then the "conservative" or non-ecumenists will go back to sleep thinking that they have averted any present danger.

However, if this council is not called off, then the EP will force his heretical agenda on the entire world, and the New Calendarists will threaten those who do not agree with excommunication. Then, just like with Vatican II and Roman Catholicism, many people will swallow hard, accept whatever the infallible EP says, and suffer in silence, not realizing that they have fallen into heresy. With his agenda ensured, the EP will proceed with more daring and heretical pontifications leading to a One-World Church where all Christians, Jews, and Muslims proclaim that they are brothers of the same "god."

This song refrain keeps repeating in my head:

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.
With god as our father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/v/vinc ... earth.html

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Hmm. I wonder if the EP would try for next year, then ? Like you say, the agenda is so strong that one can not imagine the EP and their supporters and backers giving up so easily.
At least it would buy some time, though, to organize better against it.

Thanks for the update, Jean-Serge, glad to hear that the Serbs have backed out. Good. Let us know what happens with the Georgians. I bet they will follow suit at this point.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

The EP continues to insist that not only is the Council going forward, without regard to whether local Churches choose to attend or not.

Moreover, according to EP mouthpiece Dcn. John Chryssavgis, "“[t]he council is still on,”If one or more churches don’t attend, all the decisions made will still hold and be binding for all Orthodox churches.”"

This was in an interview he gave with a RC news source (cruxnow.com), where he also referred to this "council" as the Orthodox Vatican II.

Lord have mercy. I just don't understand how people stay in communion with the EP and don't fear for their soul each night.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »