"Brother" Nathanael Kapner and True Orthodoxy?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

NotChrysostomYet
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Re: "Brother" Nathanael Kapner and True Orthodoxy?

Post by NotChrysostomYet »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:
NotChrysostomYet wrote:

I don't know what to tell you regarding that, but here's a statement from ROCOR-MP: http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2013/07 ... anael.html

Yes and then there is this:

I honestly don't know what to believe.

Okay, I realize that this is sort of a conspiracy theory, so take what I say with a grain of salt: I think that letter is faked. First of all, I remember seeing a version of that letter last year. I doubt Metropolitan Hilarion issued another letter. Beyond that, the font size is significantly bigger than Metropolitan Hilarion's letters usually are. (You can find a bunch of examples on Google, but here's one example: http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news ... ge-001.jpg). Obviously the best way to find out for sure would be to contact ROCOR, but honestly I am not going to do that because I am quite certain that Nathanael is not who he says he is. I just don't want ROCOR to be unfairly associated with him.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

I've heard it was fake as well, but I don't know this. And like I said, he was present at the synodal cathedral for the ordination of my friend.

NotChrysostomYet
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Post by NotChrysostomYet »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:

I've heard it was fake as well, but I don't know this. And like I said, he was present at the synodal cathedral for the ordination of my friend.

True. :?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Oops, that copied twice. Let me post something else then.
Brother Nathanael has a GoFundMe account now for contributions, as it sounds like Paypal and other places were opposed to his message.
Posted here is a new video interview by a Greek Cypriot man in which Brother Nathanael lauds Putin, but does make some good points for listeners new to his message :

[Deleted by the Moderation Staff]

Last edited by Barbara on Mon 2 July 2018 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

While waiting for any more light to be shed upon the earlier subject, people may want to glance quickly through this video of Brother Nathanael's. It will make you stand far away from any mannequins !

http://brothernathanaelchannel.com/watc ... php?v=1274

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

Brother Nathanael has a GoFundMe account now for contributions, as it sounds like Paypal and other places were opposed to his message.
Posted here is a new video interview by a Greek Cypriot man in which Brother Nathanael lauds Putin, but does make some good points for listeners new to his message :

I do not think it is appropriate to post links to fundraisers for people who are part of World Orthodoxy. There are plenty of TOC/GOC projects that need our assistance.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:
Barbara wrote:

I do not think it is appropriate to post links to fundraisers for people who are part of World Orthodoxy. There are plenty of TOC/GOC projects that need our assistance.

Good catch.

Our CEO and Webmaster, Anastasios, would prefer that people send a PM or email to the E Cafe Administrators and get their permission before allowing any GoFundMe or PayPal fundraising, not only for the excellent reason provided by Bishop Irineos, but also because there are so many Internet scams.

Barbara, I had not read your newly edited message. Otherwise, I would have made a comment.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.