Open Letter from an anonymous worker at the ROCOR-L Synod

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Open Letter from an anonymous worker at the ROCOR-L Synod

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

This is from http://sobor2006.livejournal.com/136935.html the emphasis added in places below is mine. The amazing thing is this person is pro-union even! :shock:

—————————————————————

LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS LIARS -LIARS -LIARS -LIARS
Sep. 14th, 2006 | 07:11 pm

Suffice it to say that I work in the Synod in NY. I still do. All along I have felt that the union between us and MP would be beneficial. I have felt this way until very recently.

Lately, the lies spread by Lebedeff and Gan are appalling. Everything gets twisted, turned and the agenda pushed. It is not done in a christian manner. I have seen and heard them change actual SYNODAL minutes, documents, etc. to their favor and simply disregard the opinions of the bishops. The worst schemer is definitely Lebedeff. I think he should be defrocked and there is talk that perhaps we will put him into a Spritual Court.

Metr. Lavr plays naive but in actuality has on many occassions visited us and recommended that things be changed or omitted. His indecisiveness is only a ploy.

I will tell you firsthand what happened in the Synod at the meeting. I was in the halls at the time waiting for the verdict. The Lebedeff version is lies. Archbishop Hilarion wrote a letter protesting the ACT until the MP leaves the WCC. He asked for no one to vote on his behalf and the votes of Michael and Peter are not allowed. Simple.

Bishop Gabriel protested but is REQUIRED to sign the document (as a member) but is allowed to state his feelings and can present his case in a letter within a few days. This is what he has done.

At the Synod, Bishop Gabriel read the letter of protest by the members of the 4th Council, signed by 72 members, not 85. Still a large number. Met. Lavr, Mark and Peter all dismissed it, especially MArk.

Fr. Luke of Jordanville, a member of the commission, also sent a letter which was read. He had concerns especially with the OCA.

At the Synod it was discussed that the ROCOR would commemorate Alexis, followed by Herman, Lavr and ruling bishop. As a compromise the MP would allow a 5 year grace period to not commemorate the Patriarch after which ROCOR must. This is still being discussed.

ROCOR would enter into communion with OCA and MP in December.

There is more to stay but the point is that the manipulators especially Lebedeff will not allow the truth to be told. Why won't he as Website moderator print Vlad. Hilarion, Vlad. Gabriel,Vlad. Agafangel and Luke truthful statements????????????? Because he is a fatherless kid, a liar and will be judged in the next life for what he has done within the church and to the flock.

Even o. Andrei Sommer mentoned to me how he is sick of the lies and it is repulsive. Uniting can be a long or slow process but to do it at the expense of souls, values and the extreme dimissing of people's opinions is wrong. Again, I am for the union but in the right way. How can you follow bishops when guys like Lavr, Mark, Michael, Peter, Kyrill do not care to listen to the flock, to those entrusted to them? Every letter is censored, every call monitored and every inquiry quieted. This is Orthodoxy? This is the Holy Spirit? These are materialists who forgot that every soul and every troubled conscience should be consoled but they do not care for their dioceses. They are silent and dismissive and uncaring. They will not answer Australia, South America, other convents, not even the delegates. They only think of themselves and their agenda. It is disgusting and reminds me of what Fr. Peter Perekrestov said on many occassion to the tune of.......who cares? so we lose some people, so they go away, they are an infection and only contaminate us. As Vlad. Mark said once in Synod.......so we lose 25,000 people that disagree with us but we gain 250 million instead. Ecumenism will work itself out.

God grant us strength to get through this and to all that like the union, as I do, be careful of what you wish for. You will get it, and you will get the MP, the OCA, the gays, the meddling from politicians and the eventual loss of the true voice of Orthodoxy. If the ROCOR can not stand firm against the MP how will it stand against everyone else? Just keep compromising. The only one I ever respected was Vlad. Agafangel, he has never waivered from his positions and does it in a nice way, and listens to his flock. Nice change, huh? Even if I am pro-union at least I would prefer a dramatic step like that to be done with the voice of all the bishops and openly and honestly and not slanted like Lebedeff and Gan have manipulated.

—————————————————————

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

[b]The tongue of the just is as choice silver[/b]

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool. In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. The tongue of the just is as choice silver: the heart of the wicked is little worth

Кто скрывает ненависть, у того уста лживые; и кто разглашает клевету, тот глуп.
При многословии не миновать греха, а сдерживающий уста свои--разумен.
Отборное серебро--язык праведного, сердце же нечестивых--ничтожество

El que encubre el odio es de labios mentirosos; Y el que echa mala fama es necio.
En las muchas palabras no falta pecado: Mas el que refrena sus labios es prudente.
Plata escogida es la lengua del justo: Mas el entendimiento de los imp?os es como nada.

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/

scwaterfowl

Post by scwaterfowl »

This is exactly why any reputable publication--print or internet--does not publish "anonyomous" articles...

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

scwaterfowl wrote:

This is exactly why any reputable publication--print or internet--does not publish "anonyomous" articles...

Would that include "Reputable" forums that purport to be Christian?

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

scwaterfowl,

If you have doubts, write to the moderators of that website. They know who the people are that write these anonymous comments. And there is always someone you know who would know about a certain writer or situation...unless you are not in the ROCOR circle. All I have to do is ask my priest...he knows everyone and I know him and trust him.

Unless you're here just to stir it up. I can eventually find out about you too. It's a wide network.

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Brother Nathanael?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this anonymous letter have all the earmarks of one of Brother Nathanaels posts?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Actually it does not as this was originally written in Russian, I believe. You can contact the owner of the journal it is placed on (by request of the author) and find out it has nothing to do with Nathanel and that it is the letter of someone who works (or possibly now, worked) at the ROCOR Synod building.