"Who Are The GOC?" A New Book By The AOM

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

"Who Are The GOC?" A New Book By The AOM

Post by Justice »

The Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia has just released a new book about its personal history, the New Calendar and more! It's currently online for free.

https://noviklostar.files.wordpress.com ... t-edit.pdf

Justice
Sr Member

Re: "Who Are The GOC?" A New Book By The AOM

Post by Justice »

The book is great, besides the anti Matthewite bias found on page 27 called St Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina & His struggle for Unity and Truth, where the single handed consecration of Bishop Spyridon is regarded as an uncanonical act.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Justice wrote:

The book is great, besides the anti Matthewite bias found on page 27 called St Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina & His struggle for Unity and Truth, where the single handed consecration of Bishop Spyridon is regarded as an uncanonical act.

The single handed consecration of a Bishop IS contrary to the canons. It’s the first canon of the Holy Apostles. No amount of obfuscation or fantasy can change that fact. This is why I constantly remind you that if canonical perfection was required the Church would have died in its first centuries. Whether the canons require two or three bishops isn’t really the issue. By necessity or persecution the Church has permitted single handed consecration. Whether it meets the exception is a different question than what the canons require.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Re: "Who Are The GOC?" A New Book By The AOMu

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

My guess is that if the church founded by st matthew was the first to break away from the new calendar goc it could only be the one holy and apostolic church of Greece and any other than them would count as number two church and number three church , so being there can be only one i would avoid the other later ones out of fear they might not have grace .

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I have moved this into the private discussion forum as it deals with the GOCs; it has an inherent bias; and the topic itself will lead to intra-TOC discussions that should be kept private.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Orthodox in michigan wrote:

My guess is that if the church founded by st matthew was the first to break away from the new calendar goc it could only be the one holy and apostolic church of Greece and any other than them would count as number two church and number three church , so being there can be only one i would avoid the other later ones out of fear they might not have grace .

Good, you join the church founded by St. Mathew. Of course Orthodoxy holds that the Church is founded by Christ, but your post actually reveals much more in your expression of things than a simple phrasing error.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:
Orthodox in michigan wrote:

Good, you join the church founded by St. Mathew. Of course Orthodoxy holds that the Church is founded by Christ, but your post actually reveals much more in your expression of things than a simple phrasing error.

Do you consider both Chrysostom of Florina and Matthew of Bresthena saints of the Church?