RTOC: Who are they? What is their history?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: RTOC: Who are they? What is their history?

Post by Barbara »

I am clapping at hearing the good news. Figuratively clapping, that is.

Great picture and the website looks impressive, considering their remoteness.

I like the picture of St Amvrosy, same one I have, and the exact same Axion Estin Icon that i JUST
couple hours ago pulled out the place I had been keeping it safe so the glass would not break.
The Icon's day was just a couple of days ago, so I was trying to find it.
It makes me feel at home to see these familiar Icons at that site.

Thanks, Antonios, for providing that link to the lazy looker-uppers like me !

The portraits adorning the right margin are excellent. Altogether, well done.

I am so pleased they came over.
May their parish succeed and multiply into many more in the years to come !

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

Barbara wrote:

Thanks, Antonios, for providing that link to the lazy looker-uppers like me !

No problem Barbara. And it's often hard to find things in other languages when you don't speak them. So, it's not being lazy ;)

-Antonios

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

In addition, it is good to say that Fr. Daniel is a very educated in theology, patristic etc. and a very strict monk.

PD: He wrote this article some month ago, it have to do with one of the causes why he left the Agafangel gruop.

http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 428#p52428

MariaA
Faith: inquirer

Post by MariaA »

I am merely an inquirer who is trying to navigate between non-canonical, canonical, formerly canonical, etc. jurisdictions of the Eastern Orthodox. I was baptized Roman Catholic but left with the changes after Vatican 2. I just left the protestant world. Recently, I visited a Western-Rite Orthodox church that was meeting in an Eastern-Rite Catholic parish. I know, makes your brain hurt. The priest said he was RTOC. The liturgy was St. Tikhon's. They prayed for Pope Benedict (this was before he retired). Was this RTOC different than the one you are referring to here?

As an inquirer, who has taken over a year of catechesis in Eastern Orthodoxy and probably a ways to go still, if the parish (or jurisdiction) I am in becomes uncanonical, what happens to me? There seems to be a lot of politics involved. I would have loved to remain Roman Catholic, my belief in God hasnt changed, the church did. How many times do I have to be rebaptized, recatechized to be acceptable to God according to men on this earth. Just being honestly afraid of committing to any jurisdiction not knowing which is THE True Church.

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Yes, it is not the same RTOC, the RTOC under Archbishop Tikhon has not any so called "Western Rite" parish in USA (or in any place in the world).

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Priest Siluan wrote:

Yes, it is not the same RTOC, the RTOC under Archbishop Tikhon has not any so called "Western Rite" parish in USA (or in any place in the world).

In order to help inquirers like MariaA discern the truth, I did a Google search of RTOC - Western Rite Orthodox Christians. This is the website that I obtained: http://www.theorthodox.org/bishop.htm

This website has the heading: RTOC-AdNA, and their leading hierarch is Metropolitan ALEXY, Archbishop of Minneapolis and Chicago. Who is he?

Reading this website gives the impression that they are against ecumenism and Sergianism.

Obviously, this Western Rite RTOC (RTOC-AdNA Western Rite) is not under Archbishop Tikhon, and neither is it the same RTOC as presented in the OP (Opening Post) of this thread.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Grecia
Faith: Orthdox Christian
Jurisdiction: Old Calendar

Post by Grecia »

Could someone post the excellent Tradition Orthodox Books list that has "Against False Union" and other great reading that is somewhere in this forum ? I saw it a few weeks ago, but can't find it now. I am hoping this could help Maria A. Greetings all.....my first post. Grecia