A complete listing: True/Traditional Orthodox Christians

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

сынок

Re: A complete listing: True/Traditional Orthodox Christians

Post by сынок »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

I ask Johnatan for access to the polemics area about two weeks ago. He asked me some questions, I answered them, and since than there was no answer. Several days ago I wrote about the mistakes in the description of the Cyrilic forum here in the Cafe (that is very ungrammatical at present), but there was no answer either. Yes, no, thank you, get lost - nothing from this list.

I am ready to tell you about different branches of ROCiE in Russia. But also I would really like to discuss with TOC people some matters that bother me. I was not going to offend anybody, nor to push any views, I simply need to talk to somebody. But at this cafe I do not have a corner for discussions.

I will most certainly be listening/watching this one! Thank you Alexander ...

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Yes, of course Alexander must want to discuss things - it is natural. It is difficult to find ANY True Orthodox
outside of one's own parish in Russia, after all. Think about that chilling isolation.
What about a little leniency in this one case alone ? He is SO knowledgeable about the scene over there,
and was even teaching us Russian.
No one has EVER volunteered to do that, to my knowledge. At least not in the past few years.
He is generous with his time and information.
We can't find people like this easily ! They are as scarce as a needle ... let's see, hidden in the taiga !

He might feel hurt [Russians ARE sensitive as well as sentimental oftentimes] and abandon the Forum,
or worse, feel downcast.
A couple of us at least would like to hear what he has to say. Sinok and Fr Deacon and I.
Remember he grew up during the Cold War and was a near-victim of Soviet incompetency.
These survivors are touchy about talking in public.

He sounds bitter in these recent posts. That is something we want to assuage here. Isn't that our Orthodox Christian duty ?

Just think : he may get an idea from browsing more to be received into ROAC or RTOC, etc.

Maybe he could agree in advance to avoid debating any inflammatory topic, but limit himself to sharing information
and knowledge which will greatly benefit all readers of the Intra-Toc Forum ? An idea.

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Dear Barbara, Thank for, you are very kind! But do not ask. Heretics are not human beings for jgress, I think he will not reply. But it is OK, I heard it is normal among the Greeks to treat people this way (while in Russia not answering would be counted at least impolite).
To be honest I hardly know what is a name-worshiping and I have never done or seen any worshiping like this. But I was not planning to discuss any inflammatory topic. I mostly wanted to ask about the recent activity of GOC in Russia. Do you know a forum where I can talk about such things and some other similar things?
Also I can try to write about ROCiE here trying to make it less polemical, what do you think about it?

Besides, I was going to write to you the rest of my story when I was saved by the Coast Guard in the USA. I will do it when I have time even if I leave this forum.

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Alexander Kuzmin

Post by Alexander Kuzmin »

Your list is missing the website of ROCOR - AB Anthony of San Francisco.
Here it is:
http://www.rospc.org/

I study English, forgive my mistakes.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

Your list is missing the website of ROCOR - AB Anthony of San Francisco.
Here it is:
http://www.rospc.org/

Thank you very much, Alexander, for that information.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Alexander Kuzmin wrote:

Dear Barbara, Thank for, you are very kind! But do not ask. Heretics are not human beings for jgress, I think he will not reply. But it is OK, I heard it is normal among the Greeks to treat people this way (while in Russia not answering would be counted at least impolite).
To be honest I hardly know what is a name-worshiping and I have never done or seen any worshiping like this. But I was not planning to discuss any inflammatory topic. I mostly wanted to ask about the recent activity of GOC in Russia. Do you know a forum where I can talk about such things and some other similar things?
Also I can try to write about ROCiE here trying to make it less polemical, what do you think about it?

Besides, I was going to write to you the rest of my story when I was saved by the Coast Guard in the USA. I will do it when I have time even if I leave this forum.

I sent you a private message.

If you are simply interested in sharing information about a True Orthodox jurisdiction, this is the place to discuss it. The only thing not allowed are polemics. The best way is to try to present both sides of the case, rather than trying to argue that a certain jurisdiction is schismatic, and to adopt a measured tone. Deacon Joseph Suaiden has written some good histories of the various TO jurisdictions that are balanced and non-polemical, if you want an example of what to write.

arcmode
Faith: Nazarene
Jurisdiction: ROCA

Post by arcmode »

Not saying anything specifically about anyone at all, but logic dictates we must assume the following to be true:

1, Every forum on the internet that discusses any subject of any importance whatsoever already has at least two members who are spies.

2, At least one of those member/spies will be a Moderator.

Has anyone else considered the possibility that the TOC divisions are allowed by God to confuse the Devil?

Do not be shocked by those who teach new doctrines but seem to be worthy of credence. Stand solidly like an anvil under blows. A good athlete suffers blows but wins. St Ignatius.