Historical documents between Matthewites & Florinites

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Historical documents between Matthewites & Florinites

Post by Jean-Serge »

Some years ago, after Metropolitan Kirikos created his own synod, smeone, I guess Stavros Makrou published for the first time some historical and original documents containing for example the correspondance between Matthewites and Florinites in the 60s or 70s I was not careful enough and I did not download them. There were other many interesting materials in Greek and English, mostly in Greek. The site seems to no longer exist. It was something like genuine orthodox church, I guess. Some documents there did not confirm the curret matthewite position, at the opposite. Does anyone know if the site still exists or have the documents?

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Isaakos
Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin- Discerning the GOC’s.

Re: Historical documents between Matthewites & Floriniites

Post by Isaakos »

I have them for you Jean.

Also, you will find there are some who accuse Kirykos of not being faithful to the Orthodox teaching on the reception of frequent communion. Here is the work of St Matthew the New Confessor on the reception of holy communion. I challenge anyone to find "fanaticism" here:

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Spyrid ... acerycii04

And here are the photocopies of the 1972 correspondence between the GOC and the Akakians.

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Spyrid ... ndence1972

“What exactly are you here for?”

“…To see with eyes unclouded by hate.”

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Historical documents between Matthewites & Floriniites

Post by Maria »

Thank you for these links.

From the first document, there is this quote from page three.

"Know therefore, all of you who do not wish to commune of this mystical Pascha [Holy Communion],
that you will not have any reply; you will not be able to find any excuse when you appear before the
judgment of the fearful God."
-- St. Matthew [Carpathaces] (+14 May 1950)

It is important, then, for our eternal salvation, that if unbaptized, we prepare for Holy Baptism;
that if in need of the Holy Mystery of Repentance, we prepare with tears to receive Confession
and Absolution, because the Baptism of Tears does cleanse our sins, and purifies our souls
so that we may be made worthy to approach and receive the Holy Mystery of the Body and Blood of Christ.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.