Avlona Synod deposes Bishop Seraphim Karam

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

Re: Avlona Synod deposes Bishop Seraphim Karam

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

?

What do you have to say, Fr Irineos ? That is, if you feel like making a rebuttal. You may want to let it go.
If you want to respond, then we'll see you in the Intra-TOC Forum !

Perhaps all of this belongs in Intra-TOC Polemics. I rather enjoyed my interactions with monk Seraphim and monk Nektarios and I have no desire to attack them personally. As I said, what he wrote is completely at odds with my experience. I'd simply respond that both he monk Nektarios will be in my prayers.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:
Barbara wrote:

?

What do you have to say, Fr Irineos ? That is, if you feel like making a rebuttal. You may want to let it go.
If you want to respond, then we'll see you in the Intra-TOC Forum !

Perhaps all of this belongs in Intra-TOC Polemics. I rather enjoyed my interactions with monk Seraphim and monk Nektarios and I have no desire to attack them personally. As I said, what he wrote is completely at odds with my experience. I'd simply respond that both he monk Nektarios will be in my prayers.

Indeed, lately, the posts at Bishop Seraphim's Facebook account under Monk Seraphim/Jacque Karam are very beneficial as he posts a lot of quotes from the saints.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

khomes wrote:

Please have some more respect and decency and call him at least Bishop..... Especially since this is the public forum as you said.

I must be obedient to my spiritual Father.
I cannot address Monk Kyrikos as bishop or metropolitan because of his history.
Deposition of Kyrikos

Furthermore, we do not have a rule here at E Cafe that mandates the use of any titles of respect.

These two rules apply especially to this thread:

• - No personal attacks or ad hominem arguments

• No gossip, slander or unsupported attacks on the character of those outside the forum

Maria
Archon

Avlona Synod deposes Bishop Seraphim Karam

Post by Maria »

khomes wrote:

I don't understand why you deleted my last comment without any sort of private message or public message

Sorry, Kaeleb. I was distracted by something and forgot to post the link.
We do not delete any posts on this forum as it interferes with the database and can cause the forum to crash and generate error messages.

Your posts have been moved into the Intra-TOC Private forum because they are polemical in nature.
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 30&t=11823

khomes
Jr Member
Faith: True Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Matthewites- Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by khomes »

Maria wrote:
khomes wrote:

I don't understand why you deleted my last comment without any sort of private message or public message

Sorry, Kaeleb. I was distracted by something and forgot to post the link.
We do not delete any posts on this forum as it interferes with the database and can cause the forum to crash and generate error messages.

Your posts have been moved into the Intra-TOC Private forum because they are polemical in nature.
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 30&t=11823

If this is the case, thank you for notifying me then. though, could i ask for the same courtesy? if it is against the rules here what i wrote, then may i ask that you remove that slanderous false "deposition" letter and move that to the same intra- toc forum?

I was baptised into the Genuine Orthodox Church with the name Matthew on March 1 2016

"Preserve my children: patience, compassion, wisdom, gentleness, humility, silence, fasting, prayer. Prayer gives humility, modesty, and obedience. He who keeps these reasons that lead to the imitation of Christ, provides for the salvation of his immortal soul; he who despises them, despises his own salvation."
- St. Matthew the New Confessor

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Whether we agree with them or not, it has been the policy of E Cafe to allow Synods to issue public statements or protocols, which the Avlona Synod did, and which the GOC Synod did regarding the deposition of Kyrikos.

If the Kyrikos Synod has issued a statement or protocol concerning Bishop Seraphim (Karam), then that Synodal statement may be posted here in this thread or in a new thread.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

In fact, Monk Seraphim's rebuttal has been linked in this thread.