Avlona Synod deposes Bishop Seraphim Karam

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Avlona Synod deposes Bishop Seraphim Karam

Post by Maria »

Thank you, Fr. Irineos.

I have copied the original post where Bishop Seraphim of Lebanon posts his confession of faith:

Jean-Serge wrote:

Bishop Serapim explains why he left here:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9060ee_7f65e85 ... 1c2b3b.pdf

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justin Kolodziej
Faith: Want to confess the True Faith without compromise
Jurisdiction: Need to be received by the Church

Post by Justin Kolodziej »

Yeah, I'm thinking he couldn't care less what judgment a synod he says is heretical makes against him :lol: Whether his thinking is correct or not has to be discussed elsewhere...

Wherever even the last two or three are gathered together in His name, there He is in their midst.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Justin Kolodziej wrote:

Yeah, I'm thinking he couldn't care less what judgment a synod he says is heretical makes against him :lol: Whether his thinking is correct or not has to be discussed elsewhere...

I have granted permissions to you, Justin, so that you can view and join in the discussion elsewhere in the private forum known as Intra-TOC Polemics.

If there are any other members who would like access to Intra-TOC Polemics, just ask by sending me a PM me.

Thank you.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Maria wrote:

Thank you, Fr. Irineos.

I have copied the original post where Bishop Seraphim of Lebanon posts his confession of faith:

Jean-Serge wrote:

Bishop Serapim explains why he left here:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9060ee_7f65e85 ... 1c2b3b.pdf

Since the COF of Bishop Seraphim was posted in the main forum, I am copying part of it here in the same main forum for clarification, since it appears that either a typographical error was committed or his baptism occurred on 19th June/2nd July 2015, after he was ordained a priest on 12th May/25th of May 2016. Note: the bolding is my emphasis.

12th May/25th May 2016 - his tonsure into the Great and Holy Schema and ordinations as deacon and priest
19th June/2nd July 2016 - his baptism
24th June/17th July 2016 - his elevation to the rank of bishop

As of the 19th June/2nd July 2016, after much soul-searching, in good conscience we officially renounced our former ecclesiastical ties to the so called “Metropolitan Synod of Genuine Orthodox Christians of the Patristic Calendar”,
and we were received into the Holy Orthodox Church through “AKRIVIA”, through Holy Baptism, which the following Holy Canons prescribe:Apostolic Canons 465, 466

• We order any Bishop or Priest, that has accepted any heretic’s baptism or sacrifice be deposed; for “what consonance has Christ with Belial? Or what part has the believer with an unbeliever?”

and the Canon of the Third Holy Synod held in Carthage in the time of Cyprian 7. Our reception into the Church via the Sacred Mystery of Holy Baptism, was to us our First and only Baptism, because as the Holy Fathers prescribe, “outside the Church there can be no baptism”.

Furthermore, we were then tonsured into the Great and Holy Schema, ordained as deacons and priests and just
as it was decided by the members of the Holy Synod of the Genuine Orthodox Church, which took place in Athens,
on the 12th May/25th May (Mid-pentecost), my unworthiness, (Bishop Seraphim) was elevated to the rank of bishop on Sunday, 24th /17th July at St. Xenia’s Cathedral in Limassol, Cyprus.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Maria, I think what the monk is trying to communicate is that there was a Mathewite Synodal meeting in May that decided to receive him and monk Nektarios. Thereafter, they were received via baptism and "slowly" raised through the clerical ranks in July.

Perhaps his former Deacon Parthenios (who did not abandon his Synod) has a different perspective on how things took place.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:

Maria, I think what the monk is trying to communicate is that there was a Mathewite Synodal meeting in May that decided to receive him and monk Nektarios. Thereafter, they were received via baptism and "slowly" raised through the clerical ranks in July.

Perhaps his former Deacon Parthenios (who did not abandon his Synod) has a different perspective on how things took place.

Thank you, Father Irineos. Yes, it was a bad Engish construct. Easy to do.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Maria wrote:
HieromonkIrineos wrote:

Thank you, Father Irineos. Yes, it was a bad Engish construct. Easy to do.

Especially if English is not one's native language. We must always be cautious in evaluating things written in English by non-native speakers. Often they do not convey clearly (or at all) what the writer intends to convey.