Bishop Galaktion of the GOC reposed in the Lord Aug. 30, 2016

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Bishop Galaktion of the GOC reposed in the Lord Aug. 30, 2016

Post by Maria »

http://www.panagiaodigitria.com/2016/09 ... st_35.html

Bishop Galaktion served in the Holy Synod under Archbishop Stephanos.

The link above with wonderful Byzantine chants shows pictures from his funeral service and procession today, September 1, 2016.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Bishop Galaktion of the GOC reposed in the Lord Aug. 30, 2016

Post by Maria »

From the same link above.

Σχεδόν ολόκληρη η Ιερά Σύνοδος της Ελλαδικής Εκκλησίας των Γ.Ο.Χ. και ολόκληρη η Ιερά Σύνοδος της Κυπριακής Εκκλησίας των Γ.Ο.Χ. τίμησαν με την παρουσία τους τον κοιμηθέντα Ιεράρχη κυρό Γαλακτίων. Δέκα Ιερείς συν τους ως άνω Αρχιερείς παρίσταντο. Το πρωί σύμφωνα με το έκτακτο ανακοινωθέν της Ιεράς Συνόδου τελέσθηκε Αρχιερατική Θεία Λειτουργία και στην συνέχεια στις 11 π.μ. η εξόδιος ακολουθία. Τελειώνοντας η εξόδιος ακολουθία προσφωνήθηκαν λόγοι απο τους Ιεράρχες και στην συνέχεια μεταβήκαμε στο Ι. Ησ. Αγίας Ειρήνης της Χρυσοβαλάντου στην Οινόη Αττικής όπου και έγινε η ταφή. Στο τέλος παρατέθηκε τράπεζα προς τους παρευρισκομένους.Συγκινητικό ήταν όταν τα παιδιά των Κατασκηνώσεων κρατούσαν λουλούδια δεξιά και αριστερά από την είσοδο του προς την τελευταία του κατοικία.Λίγες φωτογραφίες ακολουθούν.Η Παναγία που τόσο πολύ αγαπούσε φρόντισε να τον πάρει κοντά Της της ημέρες πριν την από την απόδοση της Εορτής της Κοιμήσεως. Αιωνία του η μνήμη!

Google Translate with edits:

Almost the entire Holy Synod of the Greek Church of GOC and the entire Holy Synod of the Cyprus Church of GOC honored with their presence the recently reposed Bishop Galaktion. Ten priests plus almost all Synodal bishops attended. In the morning according to the extraordinary statement of the Holy Synod, the hierarchs and priests concelebrated the Divine Liturgy, then at 11 am, the funeral service began. After the funeral procession and service, he was buried at Saint Irene Chrisovalantou in Oinoi. At the end of the service, the children of the Camp held flowers at the right and left of the entrance. Mary the Theotokos loved him so much to take him during the after feast of her Feast of the Dormition. May his memory live forever!

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Memory Eternal!

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

May his memory be eternal.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I had just been thinking somewhat the same about the timing of the repose of Patriarch Nikon of All Russia [ + 1681 ], the 7th Russian Patriarch on August 17/30, afterfeast of the Dormition.

So Bishop Galaktion shares that repose day with 'the greatest man in Russian history', according to Met Anthony [ Khrapovitsky ] of Rocor who himself reposed 80 years ago this past August.

I don't see that timing of Bishop Galaktion's repose as by chance, therefore.

Do we have a bio of him ? Perhaps one is being composed.

I tried to follow that link but got stuck on a request for a script from the website ?

Also, where might be Oinoi ?