Deposition of Matthew Raphael Johnson

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

Deposition of Matthew Raphael Johnson

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Deposition of Matthew Raphael Johnson

Post by Barbara »

I couldn't see anything on that page ! It says Report of Proceeding, and a PDF way down the page. Maybe something is wrong on my side ?

Isn't this the person / [ former clergyman ? ] who has a big website devoted to studies of Russian history and Slavic Studies ? What happened that he was deposed ?

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

I couldn't see anything on that page ! It says Report of Proceeding, and a PDF way down the page. Maybe something is wrong on my side ?

Isn't this the person / [ former clergyman ? ] who has a big website devoted to studies of Russian history and Slavic Studies ? What happened that he was deposed ?

There is a PDF embedded in that page, or you can click the link. If you have plugins blocked or not attached to your browser you might not be able to see the PDF. However, you should be able to download it via the link.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I was able to read through the proceedings. Thank you for the help, Father. I would have abandoned it otherwise.

What does anyone think ? And by the way, what is the Traditional Workers Party ? Never heard of it.

To which jurisdiction will this former Priest transfer ?

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

The TWP is a white nationalist group which denies being white supremacist or neo-nazi, although their leaders of fond of posting quotes of Hitler or Goebbels. In addition, in one of Johnson's letters to Vladyka John, he stated that Hitler "was a Godsend."

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

What an embarrassment, then. I wish this former Priest would tone down his rhetoric, equivocally reject Name-Worshipping as a Heresy and regularize his conduct toward Bishops. Then he could do some good for True Orthodoxy. I think he knows a lot about the Slavic world. From the sound of those proceedings, Matthew Raphael Johnson hasn't developed yet the proper humility and obedience to his superiors. Maybe he could go to a GOC Monastery for awhile to learn these virtues, such as the new St John Monastery in New York ?