GOC-A Liturgy in Georgia - August 26/27 (Aug 14 OS)

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

Re: GOC-A Liturgy in Georgia - August 26/27 (Aug 14 OS)

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

Hope many can attend - and eventually build a Church themselves there !

Let us pray that with God's help, the mission in Georgia will grow!

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Just a quick update. I am now on my way home to Texas. We had a wonderful liturgy with about half a dozen new faces turning up. Funny side note - the evening before Liturgy, the GOA priest from Savannah sent an email to local world orthodox warning them about an "uncanonical" liturgy. In the process he sent them all a copy of our flyer and now we have all their email addresses, because he didn't use the bcc function. Will be much easier to spread the word about our next liturgy!!

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Happy to hear that all went well father!

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I was just about to ask how it all went. I am glad to see a report already here.
That is funny that the priest failed to use the BCC: and thereby helped you !
You can be thinking about how to craft an appeal to GOA and other World Orthodox parishioners so as to get them to
at least show up and check out your next Liturgy.

Wonderful that there were new people. In today's age, that is an amazing thing in its own way to find people with enough imagination and spiritual awareness to try out True Orthodoxy. [ That's a compliment to you, Justice, as well as all the new "Georgian" inquirers. ]

Will you be returning any time definite, or is it to be arranged ?

Glad it was successful ! I was remembering this event this weekend.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:

Just a quick update. I am now on my way home to Texas. We had a wonderful liturgy with about half a dozen new faces turning up. Funny side note - the evening before Liturgy, the GOA priest from Savannah sent an email to local world orthodox warning them about an "uncanonical" liturgy. In the process he sent them all a copy of our flyer and now we have all their email addresses, because he didn't use the bcc function. Will be much easier to spread the word about our next liturgy!!

Wow!.

I hope that new inquirers will come into True Orthodoxy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

I am pleased to report that earlier this month I was able to serve another Liturgy at which a new Reader was tonsured to lead the mission. They are currently investigating options to procure a regular meeting space. God willing, regular Reader Services will begin very soon on St. Simons Island, Georgia!

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

That's impressive, Bishop Irineos ! You have accomplished a lot in a quite short time.

If you don't mind me asking, how is it that this island [ I like the name ! ] was selected for the new mission ? Were residents interested and contacted you ?