Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

NotChrysostomYet
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Post by NotChrysostomYet »

Since Cyril Lucaris was glorified in 2009 by the Patriarchate of Alexandria I figured it would be worth asking. shrug

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Post by Justice »

NotChrysostomYet wrote:

Since Cyril Lucaris was glorified in 2009 by the Patriarchate of Alexandria I figured it would be worth asking. shrug

I wouldn't think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church. None of the TOCs have discussed him to my knowledge.

NotChrysostomYet
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

Re: Does GOC-K or any other Old Calendarist jurisdiction venerate Cyril Lucaris?

Post by NotChrysostomYet »

Justice wrote:
NotChrysostomYet wrote:

I wouldn't t think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

A council acquitted him. I would generally agree with historians on such matters, but sometimes the Orthodox Church has taken a different stance.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

NotChrysostomYet wrote:
Justice wrote:
NotChrysostomYet wrote:

I wouldn't t think so as he sought to bring in Calvanistic ideas in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

A council acquitted him. I would generally agree with historians on such matters, but sometimes the Orthodox Church has taken a different stance.

The Traditional Orhodox Church wouldnt glorify him as he was an ecumenist to some degree and condemned. Though I'm not surpriesed that the Patriarchate of Alexandria cannonized him, sounds like they did it to get closer to the Protestant churches.