St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church (GOC-A)

Post by Agios_Irineos »

At the behest of Met. Angelos, St. Andrew Orthodox Church has been renamed in honor of the Theotokos. From henceforth, we will worship as Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church. Our new website is www.annunciationtx.com.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church (GOC-A)

Post by Maria »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:

At the behest of Met. Angelos, St. Andrew Orthodox Church has been renamed in honor of the Theotokos. From henceforth, we will worship as Holy Annunciation Orthodox Church. Our new website is http://www.annunciationtx.com.

Wonderful!

Shouldn't your church be rightfully called a cathedral?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Post by Barbara »

I missed this thread. I am really glad to hear about this renaming.

The new Church looks so outstanding that it is befitting that it belong to the Most Holy Mother of God.

We are still waiting for the interior photos ; however, everyone understands that it takes lots and lots of time to assemble all needed to decorate a Church. Plus, obviously, much else has been going on in the Avlona Synod.
Whenever the pictures are ready - be it a year from now - readers will enjoy seeing them.