St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Agios_Irineos

St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A) renamed Annunciation Orthodox Church

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Thanks to God, we are now worshiping in our new chapel.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: St. Andrew Orthodox Church (GOC-A)

Post by Maria »

Please do post some interior photos. Thanks.

This must be a joyous occasion for all.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

We are still working on the iconostasis and with my pending trip to Greece, I anticipate it will be the first of the year before we get that into a shape where pictures will be appropriate.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I am amazed ! That is so impressive how you have built such a nice Church in a very short time !
I particularly like that rock along the bottom. Is it actual rock, by the way ?

Though you are in Texas where snow doesn't strike too often, still, the parish is ready for any flood or emergency : nothing would be damaged were there to be a big snowdrift. I looked at that carefully ; it's a good example for anyone hoping to build a Church.

The metal roof looks so well done. Won't be any leaks there, God willing !

By the way, did you have an architect design this style ? Was there a lot of discussion amongst you as to which look the parish sought ?

I hope your upcoming trip to Greece will be spiritually profitable and happy and pleasant.
What month will that be in, December ?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

It looks spectacular! I can't wait for pictures of the interior.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Barbara wrote:

I am amazed ! That is so impressive how you have built such a nice Church in a very short time !
I particularly like that rock along the bottom. Is it actual rock, by the way ?

Yes it is local limestone.

By the way, did you have an architect design this style ? Was there a lot of discussion amongst you as to which look the parish sought ?

I did the rough design of the look we wanted. A parishioner then produced early CAD drawings of the church as a stand-alone building. For financial reasons it was necessary to combine the rectory, guest house and chapel into one building. We used a more experience drafter at that point to create the larger building while maintaining the authenticity of the church area.

I hope your upcoming trip to Greece will be spiritually profitable and happy and pleasant.
What month will that be in, December ?

I leave Thursday. I will return at the end of the month.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thanks for taking the time to answer then !
I am sorry, I know you must be preparing to go. I will restrict my remarks to these :

That limestone really looks smart. The overall concept of the combination of purposes for the building seems a good move. That explains why the shape looks the way it does ; I was wondering a little bit.

I just saw the design etched on the glass windows of the doors. A nice contrast with the robust limestone.

Hopefully you can buy some good quality accoutrements for the Church over there. Hope you find the best deals !

Let us know when you return how you fared. Meanwhile, have a great Feast of Archangel Michael and Metropolitan Philaret of New York on the 21st.
Enjoy the Spanakopita !