Can anyone give me advise?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Nikodemus

Can anyone give me advise?

Post by Nikodemus »

Hello everyone! Iam a swede who lives in Stockholm and was recently married in the Russian orhtodox Church (MP).Two years ago I converted to The Orthodox Church by baptism in Greece (Holy Monastery of the Paraclete - State Church). Now, me and my wife have discovered the problems about sergianism in the Russian Church, and the problems aboout false ecumenism in all official orthdox parishes in Sweden. Some years ago I read Fr. Seraphim Rose and was deeply impressed by the ROCOR Church. The problem is that in Stockholm there is only one Old Calendarist Church under Metropolit Cyprian. Me and my wife have visited them some Sundays now and are attracted by their spirituality. Since there are no other Old Calendarist Churches in Stockholm I am interested how you look on this Church and what we can do in our situation? I understand thet the ROCOR Chutrch is divided into (Lavr) and (Vitaly) and that ROCOR under Vitaly has the traditional ecclesiology, but do not accept Cyprian. The other ROCOR under Lavr is trying to be in union with MP and we ask why (since sergiansim is still active in this Church). I am not taking this lightly since I personally was asked to spy on a priest by another priest and rapport if the former went to the Old Calendarist Church!!!!! Of course I refused! The same day he asked me to do this, I decided not to take communion in that chruch.

Nikodemus (I am sorry for my bad english)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

An advice

Post by Jean-Serge »

I had also these problems in France (as a cathecumen) : ROCOR-L, ROCOR-V, Serbian church, Moscow... I prayed a lot... This the good thing to do, and the answer will come.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Nikodemus

Thank you

Post by Nikodemus »

Thank you, I will. Sometimes I cannot pray good because I have to many thoughts about these matters. I trust in God, if He is with us, who can be against us.

Please pray for my wife and me.

With love and hope you will have a good lent

Nikodemus

Nektarios
Jr Member

Post by Nektarios »

Dear: Nikodem

What i suggest is that since you were baptized at a Monastery in Greece, I think you should talk with the Priest who baptized you and ask his opinion before you think about leaving your church. I would reccomend not to take too much advice on this forum becuase there is
alot of bias, talk with your baptizing priest is the adivce i would give.

Truley in Christ
Nektarios

Nikodemus

I did

Post by Nikodemus »

He advised me to go to ROCOR. The probem is that ROCOR is not in Sweden. He dont want us to go to Old Calendarist Church. Should I stay in moscow patriarchate with a priest who asked me to spy on another priest? Or should I go to the serbia church with priests who beieve in the branch theory?

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Nicodem,

You are certainly in a predicament. I am with ROCOR in Montreal, Quebec and our priests do not commemorate the MP, although so many on this chatboard have already judged ROCOR to have fallen. Also, Met Vitaly's group has their own problems. There are actually people from that group that have come back to our church.

But, what I suggest is that you and your wife pray together, everyday. If you truely believe that God will answer you, then you will be guided to the right place for you. God has not abandoned you. This is your test of faith. Faith in trusting that God is working in your life. Faith in believing that He hears you. And how can a loving father not answer the cries of his children? So much so with God.

As for that priest. Avoid those who seek in bringing you into their darkness. The Holy Fathers have taught that we should be careful who we confess to. There's nothing wrong with being careful. For if we confess to a priest that does not fear God, we risk becoming infected by his spiritual disease and may also lose our way. Preserve your faith. And arm yourself with prayer.

In Christ,

Joanna

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

A great problem

Post by Jean-Serge »

Hello Nikodem,

This is indeed a great problem!!! I had the same in France when I realized I could not stay in my russian parish belonging to the Ecumenical patriarchate. I was anti-ecumenist, anti-modernist and opposed to new calendar which is a mistake...

That is true that these moment are not easy at all : and sometimes you are overwhelmed by thoughts etc. So it is very important to pray... very vital. I would also recommend to leave your old parish only when you have found your new one. The prayer will lead you...

Was the priestho baptized your spiritual father. If he is, you should ask his advice...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.