The Governor of Colorado declared Sept. 15 All Saints of Rus

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

The Governor of Colorado declared Sept. 15 All Saints of Rus

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

This is so cool, the governor of Colorado pronounced Sept 15th as a state holiday, All Saints of Russia Day!

Check it out at http://www.rocadenver.org/goldenj/Proclamation.gif

God Bless William Owens and the State of Colorado!

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

I just realized something about that proclaimation...

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

Code: Select all

ROAC has to hate that part about All Saints Russian Orthodox Church being called the only Russian Orthodox Church in Colorado, with them having a church, a monastery and a convent in Colorado. :lol:  God Bless!
Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I hope that if we Orthodox get any press coverage on this day each year, that we make good use of it! At one time I was friends and in regular contact with a messianic Jewish woman (we met on a Protestant discussion board). She was employed by the government (in Colorado) in a capacity that regularly put her in contact with Churches and Sects of all sorts. She told me that Orthodox Priests were regularly rude to her, and had even sworn at her on the phone. Hopefully we can use such a day--even if it only amount to getting a 10 second sound bite on the nightly news--to demonstrate that we are a loving and truth-centered Church, and not a bunch of xenophobic fundamentalists who swear at people. May we use this day to glorify Christ and the work he did through the saints of Russia! :D