The Server Hosting Bill is due. We need your help!

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

The Server Hosting Bill is due. We need your help!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

This week, I just received the server hosting bill for the Saint Euphrosynos Cafe which is $270 for 2 years. With my being stuck in BeiJing for 10 extra days recently I do not have the funds to pay this alone. And of course we always ask the community for a little help when the server bill is due, so again we ask for your bi-annual donation of whatever you feel the Cafe is worth to you. Please click on the "Donate" tab to donate via PayPal, or you can PM me if you prefer to send a personal check. We have always made enough to pay the bill, and if we make more we will simply renew for longer which saves us even more money. (We used to renew annually, but last time we received enough for a 2-year renewal period) Thank you in advance for your kind donations and support of the Saint Euphrosynos Cafe!

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

...and as always let us know if you want your donation acknowledged or if you prefer to be an anonymous benefactor of the Saint Euphrosynos Cafe.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I just received notice that on September 27th the funds are due. So far we have received $33. If we do not have the funds on September 27th, and cannot pay the bill, the site will disappear and we will lose all the data from the forum.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

尼古拉前执事 wrote:

I just received notice that on September 27th the funds are due. So far we have received $33. If we do not have the funds on September 27th, and cannot pay the bill, the site will disappear and we will lose all the data from the forum.

No update other than to say there has been no change in funds and we have 8 days left. I might be able to save the cafe without the funds, but that would mean selling it to someone else. SO please keep your prayers (and donations if possible) coming please.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

What is your current status.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Incognito1583 wrote:

What is your current status.

Although finances are very tight for me, I received donations from one of our clergy here and two of our ladies, which should keep us afloat for the time being. Thank you to those 3 of our 3335 members who donated.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

That's what I've always maintaned. Orthodox don't give donations. They don't live out Christian life. They reduce Christian life to liturgy and potluck. Evangelical and Protestant heretics are putting the Orthodox Church of Christ to shame.