Mom Hip Replacement Surgery Dec. 12

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Mom Hip Replacement Surgery Dec. 12

Post by Barbara »

Well, how did it go today, Luke ??

Maybe we should have a defined thread about antidotes to neurological problems and /or dementia so that readers can find the recommendations immediately.

Now another frequently used term is brain fog. I am not sure what that means. But it is a common symptom of so many widespread conditions today. Maybe we should likewise start a thread on that which supplies advice for countering this problem. But meanwhile, how would you describe it, Maria ? And how long does it last ?

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Mom had hip replacement surgery this afternoon about 3:00 p.m. She is alive and well. Her surgeon said the surgery went smoothly. I am going to get some sleep.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Mom had hip replacement surgery this afternoon about 3:00 p.m. She is alive and well. Her surgeon said the surgery went smoothly. I am going to get some sleep.

Lord have mercy on you and your family. May the angels protect you and your loved ones as you rest.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Dear Luke,

May the Most Holy Theotokos intercede to God for you that both your mom and dad
may gain their health and strength and that they may be saved.

May the angels protect and guide all of your family.

And may you find peace and joy in your care of your parents.

This we ask in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Lovingly in Christ,
Maria

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Good news, Luke. He is probably recovering from the stress, but do give us updates as time goes by.

Beautiful prayer, Maria !

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Update: Mom had her first postop on December 27, 2017. I have a cold, so I was not there. Middle brother took her and is currently the one staying with her and Dad. She is getting slightly better every day, although she still has pain to contend with. The Doctor said her wound looks fine and her bone is interfacing with the artificial items well. She still needs to take an aspirin for a another couple weeks (help thin blood) and sleep with a pillow under her legs, so she will not turn to the side. Even with a cold, I am thankful that the Lord got my brothers and I to where we were supposed to be on Christmas and that He is looking after Mom.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Luke wrote:

Update: Mom had her first postop on December 27, 2017. I have a cold, so I was not there. Middle brother took her and is currently the one staying with her and Dad. She is getting slightly better every day, although she still has pain to contend with. The Doctor said her wound looks fine and her bone is interfacing with the artificial items well. She still needs to take an aspirin for a another couple weeks (help thin blood) and sleep with a pillow under her legs, so she will not turn to the side. Even with a cold, I am thankful that the Lord got my brothers and I to where we were supposed to be on Christmas and that He is looking after Mom.

Thank you for the update.

Know that I continue to pray for you and your loved ones.