Stuck in China! Need Prayers!

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Jean-Serge wrote:

What about using Moneygram to send you money?

Unfortunately I have no access to my account to send myself money via a money transfer service like Western Union.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Please don't think this insensitive, but it looks like the Theotokos must really want you to stay there for some reason. I say this because it happened at this time of the fast. Pray to her for guidance. Forgive me for my boldness.

In Christ,

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Could not someone in the US send you money by moneygram and you would pay back him later?

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Jean-Serge wrote:

Could not someone in the US send you money by moneygram and you would pay back him later?

Well the problem is, that by missing almost 2 more weeks of work without pay, I will not have funds immediately available.

I thank everyone for their prayers. In the last 2 days we have mysteriously found 1200RMB in her sunglasses case and 400RMB in my shorts. A friend in BeiJing found us a hotel for only 180RMB a night, so we should be able to last until the 21st, the day my brother got my return flight home changed to. Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming please!

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Just a quick update. With help from some friends, taking us to sites and out for food, and a loan from her sister, we made it through the 21st and I am now back at my home and getting ready to return to work, I am a little sick and jet lagged, but besides broke, I cannot complain too much. Thank you all again for your prayers!