Modernism in the RCC & WO vs. Traditionalism in TOCs

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: Modernism in the RCC & WO vs. Traditionalism in TOCs

Post by Justice »

sedevacantist wrote:

one way to identify the true Church is if you see women wearing head covers in Church...the modernist Churches did away with this tradition, the traditional Catholics still do it

We traditional Orthodox do as well.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

sedevacantist wrote:

one way to identify the true Church is if you see women wearing head covers in Church...the modernist Churches did away with this tradition, the traditional Catholics still do it

And True Traditional Orthodoxy also encourages women to wear headcovering.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

sedevacantist
Jurisdiction: Traditional Catholic

Post by sedevacantist »

the problem with Orthodoxy is they allow for divorce, an orthodox priest told me they are allowed 1...and he told me there is a passage in the bible from St Paul that defends this position....but he's wrong...this goes against the direct teaching s of Christ .... the traditional Catholic Church doesn't allow for divorce, the modern church is another story, they hand out annulments like candy

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

I don't believe the Traditional Orthodox allow divorce either unless the husband or wife is being abused. Tell me sedevacantist, are you considering Traditional Orthodoxy?

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

sedevacantist wrote:

the problem with Orthodoxy is they allow for divorce, an orthodox priest told me they are allowed 1...and he told me there is a passage in the bible from St Paul that defends this position....but he's wrong...this goes against the direct teaching s of Christ .... the traditional Catholic Church doesn't allow for divorce, the modern church is another story, they hand out annulments like candy

This critique would sting if it were not for the laughable annulment process used by the RC to allow remarriage.

sedevacantist

Post by sedevacantist »

HieromonkIrineos wrote:
sedevacantist wrote:

This critique would sting if it were not for the laughable annulment process used by the RC to allow remarriage.

It does sting as your church clearly goes against Christ's teachings...do admit that much?
I already mentioned that the modern Church hands out annulments like candy

sedevacantist

Post by sedevacantist »

Justice wrote:

I don't believe the Traditional Orthodox allow divorce either unless the husband or wife is being abused. Tell me sedevacantist, are you considering Traditional Orthodoxy?

No, I will die a traditional Catholic as it is the true faith. Are you sure about divorce for the abused? The Catholic Church teaches that there situations that we can separate, fornication etc but even in those cases we would not be permitted to remarry, only If the spouse dies would we be at liberty...does the Orthodox Church teach this? From my conversations with the Orthodox they do not, but feel free to correct me.