Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

This is a safe harbor for inquirers and catechumen to ask questions and share their journey into Holy Orthodoxy. Please be kind to our newcomers and warmly welcome them. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Re: Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Justice wrote:
Orthodox in michigan wrote:
Justice wrote:

Welcome Keigan,

Glory be to God for you inquiring into Traditional Orthodox, I look forward to getting to know you better. I myself can't speak for which jurisdiction as I'm in the same situation as you are. Personally, I'm looking into these jurisdictions:

Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
Russian True Orthodox Church
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos

I was reading this and noticed you both the seem in a similar situation I’m am in and age with a family , I was wondering what you guys eventually went with , I have gained the most insight from the Russian spiritual side , however have felt the goc noticed earlier when to get out of the heresies of ecumenism earlier , but also believe providence has led and is working with the Russian church , however I feel roac seems to be the first to get out of the faltering rocor before the Cyprian innovation polluted things .

There's a parish in Redford Michigan according to the American GOC-Stephanos website. Are you close to Redford OIM?

I reciently discovered that , I haven’t done a lot of research , I wanted to learn more about the Greek group before talking to some one without some reading of the background , I thought I herd there had been some splits in them and would be more comfortable learning more , thank you though , I’m more concerned about a solid group stable and not prone to internal splintering . Also I don’t want to get into sensitive jurisdictional discussions on this toipc

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Becoming True Orthodox in East Tennessee

Post by Maria »

Justice wrote:

I was reading this and noticed you both the seem in a similar situation I’m am in and age with a family , I was wondering what you guys eventually went with , I have gained the most insight from the Russian spiritual side , however have felt the goc noticed earlier when to get out of the heresies of ecumenism earlier , but also believe providence has led and is working with the Russian church , however I feel roac seems to be the first to get out of the faltering rocor before the Cyprian innovation polluted things .

There's a parish in Redford Michigan according to the American GOC-Stephanos website. Are you close to Redford OIM?

I reciently discovered that , I haven’t done a lot of research , I wanted to learn more about the Greek group before talking to some one without some reading of the background , I thought I herd there had been some splits in them and would be more comfortable learning more , thank you though , I’m more concerned about a solid group stable and not prone to internal splintering . Also I don’t want to get into sensitive jurisdictional discussions on this toipc

From what I heard, one of the GOC bishops is in charge of that parish.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.