GMO wheat flour used in Eucharistic wafers and phosphora?

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: GMO wheat flour used in Eucharistic wafers and phosphora?

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh yes, I know, Maria, about the merger. I tend to not remember that name, though -- because it reminds me of a hair gel that was popular some years ago called Dep Gel.

So using only wheat flour is the solution, Justice ? Wheat is not that difficult to grow. Some TOC people would have to have a small farming area, harvest the wheat, and be able to send the wheat flour to requesting parishes. It's really a good idea. Just would have to be set up with willing people.

There can be a problem. GMO wheat is now grown in many places and countries, and the pollen from that GMO wheat can cross-pollinate with organic non-GMO wheat thus contaminating the harvest. There is no easy way to distinguish between these two. DNA testing is very expensive. When cross-pollination occurs naturally, Monsanto has been known to sue the organic farmer. Then the crooked courts consistently side with Monsanto. Furthermore, toxic sprays like Round Up's glyphosates, other herbicides, and pesticides are heavily sprayed on most GMO crops, which further contaminates the harvest. The glyphosate serves as a desiccant to help the grains dry evenly so that they can be harvested with less mold. Even though this glyphosate is a known carcinogen, Dr. Auxentios sees no problem with it, yet during the time of Christ, glyphosates were not present.

So, suppose some TOC Orthodox Christians gathered together to purchase a small farm. What is to prevent Monsanto farmers from overspraying glyphosate and other toxic chemicals over the TOC farmland? Overspraying happens quite frequently due to pilot error, wind patterns, or a deliberate attempt to force the owners to sell to Monsanto. What is to prevent Monsanto farmers from growing GMO wheat on their parcel of land that borders the TOC's land with the result that the grains will cross-pollinate, the TOCs will be sued, and then they will be forced to sell their distressed land at a cheap price? Again, this happens too frequently.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Terrible ! The name Monsanto sounds like "My Saint" in a French/Spanish combination.
However, it's obvious that it must be yet another case of devils impersonating Saints to fool the public.

What about purchasing farmland where Monsanto has no major concerns operating ? If that is possible to ferret out such places on the map ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Terrible ! The name Monsanto sounds like "My Saint" in a French/Spanish combination.
However, it's obvious that it must be yet another case of devils impersonating Saints to fool the public.

What about purchasing farmland where Monsanto has no major concerns operating ? If that is possible to ferret out such places on the map ?

The vast worldwide holdings of Monsanto are huge. They now own most of the farmlands.
They have conspired with the World Bank to take tribal lands from Third World countries, like Ethiopia and India.
Then they force the indigent native peoples to work for them at slave labor rates and farm the land.
In order to get out of their contracts with Monsanto, farmers often commit suicide so that their families will not be indebted to Monsanto.

It is most unethical.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.