Orthodox View of Jews

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Paradosis wrote:

True enough and I think its a good thing when a Jew sees his erroneous ways and sincerely converts to Christianity. But Christians should not be blind to the normal hostility of Judaic teachings and attitudes.

I agree totally. Unfortunately, I think many today are either so (mistakenly) guilt-ridden, politically-correct, or quasi-zionist (due usually to bad eschatological beliefs) that the Jews are seen as capable of doing no wrong by many Christians. I used to frequent a nice Protestant Forum, for instance, that had an entire section devoted to Jewish concerns, and 2 or 3 more devoted to Jewish/Christian concerns.

As far as I'm concerned, such people represent the Judaizers of our age.

There's a psychology professor at California State University-Long Beach who has written a series of books dealing with Judaism within a modern evolutionary perspective which I highly recommend. Although there is a lot of issues outside of religion, he does deal at length with the conflict of Judaism vs. Christianity.

The three books are:

"The Culture of Critique"

"Separation and Its Discontents: Toward an Evolutionary Theory of Anti-Semitism"

"A People That Shall Dwell Alone: Judaism as a Group Evolutionary Strategy, with Diaspora Peoples."

Prof. Kevin MacDonald
http://www.csulb.edu/~kmacd/books.htm

-