Orthodox New Testament

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Jakub

Post by Jakub »

But ....... which edition are you referring to ??? There are 2 being discussed.

james

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

ONT=Good. OSB=Bad.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

The Orthodox New Testament is the good one. The Orthodox Study Bible is the bad. And that is judged by what is inside. :D

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

Jakub wrote:

Lets not judge a book by its cover, they are deceiving, the positives should be emphasized not the negatives. The first models most often need some adjustments, of course with proper review and comments.

James

We must judge when another teaches error But the Orthodox New Testament's positives are more than the others

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Brother Nicholas you are correct, the 2 volume set is much better on the inside, which is the most important part. The cover is'nt bad either.

james

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

*bump*

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Moving this up since OrthodoxNow was asking about these 2 Bibles.

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

Thanks, Nicholas, for the link through your "portal." I just placed an order for the ONT - there really is free shipping (or so it says). Thanks, all, for informing me about the ONT -- I really hadn't heard of it before reading this forum!

Грешник
Sr Member

My 2 cents (Great, now I'm broke!)

Post by Грешник »

I received the ONT yesterday adn it blew me away! I am loving this Scripture. I am finding out so much of the "little things" that I missed in terms of commentary and patristics! I started wit hthe Gospel of John, amazing, truly amazing!