Being Recieved into Orthodoxy

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Don't you live in California? If so, there are about 11 parishes under the Jerusalem Patriarchate in CA.

In Christ,
Anthony

OrthodoxLearner wrote:

I have ruled out the OCA completly, I have no desire to join the OCA, I want to join a Historical Church. I know of a Antiochian Priest who even uses the old Julian Calender despite the Archdiocese say so, so I wonder if he would recieve me by Baptism and Chrismation?

ROCOR does recieve by Mysteries of Initation as far as i know, my Spiritual Father is ROCOR. Are there any Jerusalem Patriarchate Parishes in the US?

All the Historical Mainstream Orthodox Jurisdictions, are in the WCC even the Russian Orthodox Church, so even though I dont agree with Ecumenism, There is no Hideing from it, so I am going to join a
Church were im most confortable, and spiritualy nurished which is the most important, so it will either be The Antiochian Orthodox or Greek Orthodox Church.

Orgianlly I was baptized in a Protestant Church and Chrismated in the Byzantine Catholic Church.

In Christ

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

Does that make California "New Jerusalem"? :)

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

Im gonna write the Nativity of the Theotokos Parish - JP, to see learn more about them. Most of the JP Parishes are in California, there are few outside this state.

In Christ

Logos

Post by Logos »

OrthodoxLearner wrote:

I found that out, I have a Greek Orthodox Jerusalem Patriarchate Parish
20 Miles from me :D its great, I love my location there are Orthodox Churches every where.

In Christ

It must be nice to have that. I wish I was in a situation like that.

My soul is lonely dark and afraid.

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

Its pretty nice, if you want to go to all of them, my Spiritual Father Limitted me to the Antiochian and Jerusalem Patriarchate one.

In Christ
OrthodoxLearner

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Were you able to visit the JP parish today?

In Christ,
Anthony

OrthodoxLearner wrote:

Its pretty nice, if you want to go to all of them, my Spiritual Father Limitted me to the Antiochian and Jerusalem Patriarchate one.

In Christ
OrthodoxLearner

PFC Nektarios

Post by PFC Nektarios »

Nope, havnt been there yet.

In Christ
OrthodoxLearner