ACROD and Uniate consecration of altar

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Were not Anglican bishops on the altar during the consecration of the former Metropolitan Vitaly of the Russian Church Abroad?

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

With the ROCOR's gathering catalog of lapses, I would tend to believe you Peter. And they would deserve any "rumors" as being the cause of it themselves.

As I said, an Orthodox priest in not vested unless he is part of the service. Whether an Anglican realizes this or not is not the point, an Orthodox Bishop realizes this and being primarily concered with the salvation of Christ's flock, should take all steps nesessary as to not scandalize them.

Last edited by OrthodoxyOrDeath on Thu 18 December 2003 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

OrthodoxyOrDeath wrote:

With the ROCOR's gathering catalog of lapses, I would tend to believe you Peter.

Hmm.... no comment :)

Off topic but...
I've been meaning to mention to you ...I believe there is a monastery of your jurisdiction near woodstock, ny..which is about an hour from me. If I ever find myself out that way, maybe I'll stop by.

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Peter,

The monastery of the Holy Ascension, have you driven by it? Its beautiful. You should call for the times of their services, they have visitors often enough.

They have their own iconography, candle production, sheep, ponds, trails, mules, and a big dog that looks like a miniature grizzly bear named zuke.

A funny irony: Bishop Christodoulos was explaining to me as we were driving through the town (of Woodstock) and observing the very strange looking people walking around (some who have never left after the concert in the 60’s) that he fits right in. :)

As you drive up, look for the big cross planted in the middle of the field with all of the sheep.

Alexis in Alaska
Jr Member

Post by Alexis in Alaska »

Slava Isusu Hristu!

But you see OOD that there is not only a close cultural patrimony between these Jurisdictions, but also a spiritual patrimony. Being a traditional Orthodox Christian never implied that one should have a lack of manners and decency. I am wondering if it is becoming standard praxis to Anathametize everyone except oneself. Metropolitan Schott is the spiritual leader for a body of Christian people. To say he is an arch-layman et al in a condescending tone is wrong. We have to give Byzantine Catholics some credit: at least they are trying to learn more about the East and become fully Eastern; and they cannot be guilty for the historical reasons for the schisms. Orthodoxy does not need cheap polemitics to defend it; it neither needs defense nor mandates it. Orthodox Christians are a peaceable people and we should gently call the Eastern Catholics to union with us, to the pleroma of Grace and Life that is Orthodoxy. Being rigid and scornful of Eastern Catholics and their leaders will neither help them to approach the fulless of Orthodoxy, nor see the efficacy of it, since what they are hearing is mostly alot of hate. And I can't say I would not encourage them to stay where they are if all they hear from traditional Orthodox is bigotry and ignorance. I have been guilty on more than one occassion of being judgemental towards the Eastern Catholics and their Church, but Lord Have Mercy may I be delivered from all sense of wrath and pride. God forgive me.

In Christ our God,

Alexis, Chief Sinner

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Very well said, Alexis.

In Christ,
Anthony

AlaskanOrthodox wrote:

Slava Isusu Hristu!

But you see OOD that there is not only a close cultural patrimony between these Jurisdictions, but also a spiritual patrimony. Being a traditional Orthodox Christian never implied that one should have a lack of manners and decency. I am wondering if it is becoming standard praxis to Anathametize everyone except oneself. Metropolitan Schott is the spiritual leader for a body of Christian people. To say he is an arch-layman et al in a condescending tone is wrong. We have to give Byzantine Catholics some credit: at least they are trying to learn more about the East and become fully Eastern; and they cannot be guilty for the historical reasons for the schisms. Orthodoxy does not need cheap polemitics to defend it; it neither needs defense nor mandates it. Orthodox Christians are a peaceable people and we should gently call the Eastern Catholics to union with us, to the pleroma of Grace and Life that is Orthodoxy. Being rigid and scornful of Eastern Catholics and their leaders will neither help them to approach the fulless of Orthodoxy, nor see the efficacy of it, since what they are hearing is mostly alot of hate. And I can't say I would not encourage them to stay where they are if all they hear from traditional Orthodox is bigotry and ignorance. I have been guilty on more than one occassion of being judgemental towards the Eastern Catholics and their Church, but Lord Have Mercy may I be delivered from all sense of wrath and pride. God forgive me.

In Christ our God,

Alexis, Chief Sinner

Logos

Post by Logos »

I have a radical idea for some people. Instead of countlessly speculating on this, why not contact ACROD and ask about it? I would be interested in their answer.

My soul is lonely dark and afraid.