GOP Asks Keyes to Run for Senate

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Justin Kissel

GOP Asks Keyes to Run for Senate

Post by Justin Kissel »

Illinois Republican leaders asked two-time presidential hopeful Alan Keyes on Wednesday to be their Senate candidate, but like a string of previous possibilities, Keyes said he needed a few days to think about it...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,127975,00.html

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Alan Keyes (search), the conservative Maryland political commentator whom Illinois Republicans turned to after weeks of searching for a replacement Senate candidate, agreed Sunday to run against a rising Democratic star who has only grown stronger amid GOP scandal and disarray...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128382,00.html

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

almost enough for me to want to take up residence in Illinois. I am hopeful and prayerful that he gets in. I'd still be GOP if Keyes had won the primary.....

Joe Zollars

brendan

Post by brendan »

JoeZollars wrote:

almost enough for me to want to take up residence in Illinois. I am hopeful and prayerful that he gets in. I'd still be GOP if Keyes had won the primary.....

Joe Zollars

The disappointing news is that Alan Keyes has announced his support for blacks to be given a lifetime exemption from income tax as re-embursement for slavery.

ania

Post by ania »

yeah, when I heard that he wanted reperations, I decided I will sue the Russian government for taking away our land, sue the Germans for my grandfather being a POW & then using my other 3 grandparents as cheap labor, again sue the Russian government for the free labor they got from my greatgrandfather who was in a concentration camp, etc etc etc.... give me a break.