Union of ROCOR and the MP?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

How long will it take for ROCOR and the MP to become one?

One Year

15%

A Few Years

10%

About a Decade

15%

A Few Decades

25%

A Few Generations

20%

A Really Long Time From Now

15%

It Will Unfortunately Never Happen

No votes

It Will Never Happen, Thank Goodness!

No votes

Total votes: 20

Seraphim Reeves

I didn't think the options on the poll were adequate

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

I didn't think the options on the poll were adequate, nor even appropriate; since the real question is not one of time, but changing hearts. If the conditions were right, it could happen tommorow; or it could not happen ever. I voted "a decade", simply because I think re-union is probable, and am hoping the MP will get it together within 10 years - but that's just throwing a number out there on my part.

In the end, this involves issues which do not just affect ROCOR or the MP, but "world Orthodoxy". Many of the issues that separate the MP and ROCOR are also issues tearing up Orthodox Christians in other parts of the world (modernism, ecumenism, and canonical/territorial issues). Honestly, short of an Oecumenical Synod, I do not think these matters can be resolved - everyone needs to come to the table, beg God's mercy, and begin putting the love of truth first. This in itself (a Council coming together) would be a special grace, and it is one we should all pray for.

I honestly think this will be the long term solution. Then true Christians can get back to the business of seeking out and reconciling Christ's "lost sheep", rather than tearing each other to shreds.

As far as I'm concerned, a process like this is being hampered by the ecumenical movement. Not simply because this movement fosters indifference to doctrinal issues, but in so far as it involves the RCC, it allows foreign elements to disturb the peace of the Church. I am quite sure there is nothing the Vatican would find more annoying, than for the Orthodox world to get it's act together. It is much easier for it to eat up the Orthodox world in pieces (via whatever new version of the Unia it can concoct), than a Church united in purpose and sure of Herself. Indeed, if this were the case, it would be the RCC that would go on the defensive (since it is only a matter of time before the sincere, "small 'o'" orthodox souls of the west see the glaring apostacy of western confessions, and seek reconciliation with the Orthodox Church.)

Seraphim

Seraphim

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

I think that it would be fine to have OCA and MP/ROCOR-united groups in America co-existing. Both groups "cater" to different types of people. There probably wouldn't be much go-between of laity, etc.

I don't understand Paradosis' idea that the MP will "revoke" the OCA's autocepholous status. First of all, that can't happen, since once "it's gone" it's gone; second, the Metropolitan of the OCA consecrates his own myron so he's not worried about it; third, the OCA is supported by the Antiochian Archdiocese, and there is now way that they or even the Greeks would just break communion with the OCA over a fight with Moscow... and I also can't understand how the MP would try and take back over the OCA? Would they fly over here en masse and try to walk into parishes and take over? Besides, Moscow and the OCA have great relations anyway.

anastasios

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Edited out due to it's unChristian nature. This isn't an attempt to erase my post and pretend like it was never there... I fully admit that I shouldn't have said what I said in the way that I said it. I was a hypocrite for posting on this thread to begin with, when I said I wouldn't. It is my own fault.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Paradosis,

If your previous negative post was directed to me, I didn't see it so don't worry. Why don't you post your views in a nonpolemical way? I'm interested in hearing them.

anastasios

Julianna

Moscow=Sergianism=Heretics

Post by Julianna »

Why such a rush to embrace?

AN ANATHEMA AGAINST THE SERGIANISTS

On the Sunday of Orthodoxy, 1999, the Synod of the FROC (now officially called the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church) declared:

A resolution was passed concerning the hierarchs and representatives of the clergy of the Moscow Patriarchate who received their rank through the mediation of the authorities and organs of State Security. In relation to such it was decided that every year on the Sunday of Orthodoxy ANATHEMA should be proclaimed, using the following text:

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

I am NOT.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I am not in any hurry to unite with the MP.