Icon of the New Russian Martyrs

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Serge

Fr Kyprian's icon

Post by Serge »

A small, blessed print of Fr Kyprian's icon is framed and in my icon corner - it's really a variation of 'All Saints of Russia' as longstanding historic saints are on top (the deesis row?) with Our Lady, Our Lord and St John the Baptist/Forerunner - you can see St Seraphim of Sarov and St Sergius of Radonezh. Interesting note that SS. Seraphim of Sarov and John of Kronstadt both predicted the fall of the Russian Empire - well, geographically it's still there but the Tsar fell. I just happen to like the coloring and it seems closer to traditional Byzantine and particularly Russian iconography than the other - thanks for the explanation!

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

While on the topic. If anyone is interested. This is the webpage of my Godparents, Lev and Xenia Pokrovsky. Xenia's work is featured here. One of her icons is now in the restored Christ the Savior Cathedral.

http://www.izograph.com/

ania

Post by ania »

Guess I should clarify, :-) I meant the fall of the Romonov Dynasty & the monarchy, when I said fall of the Russian Empire. I haven't seen the original in a long time either, as I haven't been to Boston in almost a year. :cry:

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Thumbs Up!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Thank you for the information all!