What Do Contemporary Orthodox Believers Believe?

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Julianna

What Do Contemporary Orthodox Believers Believe?

Post by Julianna »

In What Do Contemporary "Orthodox" Believers Believe?

by Tatiana Senina, St. Petersburg, Russia
Original Translation by Vladimir Moss, U.K.
Edited by Father John Bockman

The following two articles, in our judgment, serve several useful purposes for those committed to a pure confession of faith in a world in which compromise of the faith is a "virtue" (e.g., "doing God's service" [John 16:2]).

The first purpose is to examine a critique of the present state of Orthodoxy in a country once known as Holy Russia, a profoundly Orthodox society mercilessly strangled throughout the past century, first by the apostasy of the secularizing intelligentsia, and then by the vicious persecution of the Church and traditional Russian society by atheistic communists. There are many lessons to ponder here! For example, how do faithful Orthodox Christians of that or any other society go about assisting the Holy Spirit in the restoration of True Orthodoxy which was lost or seriously compromised, especially where ecclesiastical externals

Julianna

The "Third Way" between Ecumenism and Orthodoxy?

Post by Julianna »

SYNODAL DECISION OF THE OFFICIAL GEORGIAN CHURCH AND

Julianna

Any

Post by Julianna »

Thoughts?

Logos

Re: Any

Post by Logos »

Julianna wrote:

Thoughts?

Julianna, do you have on thoughts on these to get conversation going instead of just posting articles?

Julianna

Sure.

Post by Julianna »

I think the articles are right on and show the dangers of communion with heretics and schismatics. It shows how the hereseys have crept in to the churches that adapted or were forced under the Papal Calendar such as modernism, sergeism and ecumenism. And how even traditionalists in communion with these hgeretics have started to take up traits of the heretics.

It is best to stay walled off from those accepting these dangerous heresies of the modern era. That is why I am in ROAC and why I will think Orthodoxy or Death is in his GOC.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

indeed!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I think it shows why ROCOR is not in communion with modernists, ecumenists, sergianists and other heretics and why we should not rush to embrace with them.