Let us try this again

Chapter discussions and book or film reviews of Orthodox Christian and secular books that you have read and found helpful. All Forum Rules apply.

I would like for us to to read ...

Soul After Death by Hieromonk Seraphim [Rose]

40%

The Apocalypse in the Teachings of Ancient Christianity by Archbishop Averky [Taushev]

20%

The Law of God for Study at Home and School by Protopriest Seraphim Slobodskoy

7%

Orthodox Dogmatic Theology by Protopresbyter Michael Pomazansky

20%

Genesis, Creation and Early Man: the Orthodox Christian Vision by Hieromonk Seraphim [Rose]

7%

My Life in Christ by Saint Archpriest John [Sergeiff] of Kronstadt

7%

The Life of the Virgin Mary, The Theotokos by Holy Apostles Convent

No votes

Total votes: 15

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Let us try this again

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Okay, I am willing to try this once again. A book reading section of the forum that is not during Great Lent.

This time vote only if you are sure you will actually read the book and actively participate in discussion on the chapters please.

Also, in hopes to bring more interest to the table, I will let you vote on the book to read. Majority rules here. You have seven books to choose from.

rightbyyou

Post by rightbyyou »

I was planning on picking up The Apocalypse: In the Teachings of Ancient Christianity as my next book. It might be kind of cool to take part in a discussion on it, I've never done that before. :) Although, I'm not sure how much exactly I have to offer as I am an inquirer into Orthodoxy and not even a catechumen. If you will have my insufficient comments, I'll try my best to participate. Does anyone know the cheapest place to pick up this book? Money is a tad tight for me... so far Amazon seems to have the lowest price.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

So far it appears that we will have 10 people participating. Right now we have a tie, and if this is still true come come Mid-Pentecost, I will choose one of the books for the book and immediately after we are done with the first book, we will do the second one.

This poll will end on 12/25 May Mid-Pentecost when a book will be chosen and will start the book on Ascension, giving everyone 2 weeks to purchase it, if they do not yet have the book.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I will announce the winning book tonight, so if any one still wants to vote who would pasrticipate in this, please do so now.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

We have a winner!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

We have a winner! THE SOUL AFTER DEATH wins. I do hope to see all 13 people that voted doing reviews this time.

You may buy The Soul After Death by clicking on this link which is under $10! If you purchase with other books, (such as our next book, The Apocalypse: In the Teachings of Ancient Christianity by Archbishop Averky of Jordanville and Youth of the Apocalypse: And the Last True Rebellion by Father John Marler) totaling $25 or more, it ships with free shipping within 24 hours!

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Thu 26 May 2005 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
尼古拉前执事
Archon

On your Mark, Get Set, Review!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

The discussion will be held here: http://euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

While the official start day for reviewing in Ascension, giving everyone 2 weeks from today (Mid-Pentecost) to order the book, I will keep this forum unlocked so people that want to start right away may. Enjoy!