Statement: ROCOR vs Convent and Mat. Evgenia

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Chrysostomos

Post by Chrysostomos »

By the way, in the Synaxarion for today I read that St. Maria Magdalena went to Caesar ??, (Tiberius, I think, but i left the book at the Church), to bring to his attention the injustice of Pontius Pilate in his judgment of our Lord and it was for this reason that Pilate was transfer far away.

Fr. Bless,

Yes, this is true. Yet, we both must profess, that Pilate was not a Christian.

Christians are instructed by the Lord to settle their differences privately. Pilate was not a Christian.

Secondly, St. Maria Magdalena was not trying to sue Pilate, to get some sort of reward/monetary gain, or redress for herself, but for the Lord Himself.

We are instructed to seek justice for the oppressed, the widows, orphans, etc. St. Maria Magdalena was doing that on behalf of the Lord.

In our American Society, it is much easier to sue, seek legal compensation for a wrong done, than to come to terms/make peace with our fellow neighbor. Let alone our brother or sister in the Lord.

Kissing the hand of Christ,

Rd. Chrysostomos

AndyHolland

Post by AndyHolland »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJudge a tree by its fruits. xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This thread is not bearing good fruit and I was a nut for posting anything!

andy holland
sinner

Last edited by AndyHolland on Mon 15 May 2006 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
spiridon

Post by spiridon »

xxxxxxxxxxsorry, I cant ...I will keep quiet