Russion Orthodox Icons Gallery

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
pavels

Russion Orthodox Icons Gallery

Post by pavels »

Greetings everyone,

My name is Pavel and I am new to this forum. I am Russian and obviously I was baptised in the Russian Cathedral.

One of my friends just recently opened a gallery in the heart of Old Riga, Latvia. The gallery has many different Russian Orthodox Icons. All Icons are hand-written by Monks from Russia. Moreover, it was blessed by Archiepiscopal of Latvia Alexander and mentioned in the local media.

Just before launching an official website in 3 languages (Russian, Latvian, and English) and decided to create a blog, which is totally in English Language. Since I have been translating all descriptions from Russian by myself, there could be potential misinterpretations or inaccuracies.

Here is the link: http://russianicon.blogspot.com

I would be more than delighted to see your comments at this blog so that I could correct the content accordingly.

Pavel

margi7311

Post by margi7311 »

Hi Pavel

Khristos voskrese!

Perhaps it's something wrong with my browser but when I went to look at your blog it was completely empty... just a white page.

Regards
Margaret in Scotland

margi7311

Post by margi7311 »

Finally! It loaded. There are some very lovely icons there, thank you so much for posting them.

Margaret in Scotland

JAMESthePERSIAN
Jr Member

Re: Russion Orthodox Icons Gallery

Post by JAMESthePERSIAN »

pavels wrote:

Greetings everyone,

My name is Pavel and I am new to this forum. I am Russian and obviously I was baptised in the Russian Cathedral.

One of my friends just recently opened a gallery in the heart of Old Riga, Latvia. The gallery has many different Russian Orthodox Icons. All Icons are hand-written by Monks from Russia. Moreover, it was blessed by Archiepiscopal of Latvia Alexander and mentioned in the local media.

Just before launching an official website in 3 languages (Russian, Latvian, and English) and decided to create a blog, which is totally in English Language. Since I have been translating all descriptions from Russian by myself, there could be potential misinterpretations or inaccuracies.

Here is the link: http://russianicon.blogspot.com

I would be more than delighted to see your comments at this blog so that I could correct the content accordingly.

Pavel

Nice Site! Thanks for sharing !
-James

All Saints of America Orthodox Mission, Located in Dequeen Arkansas. The Mission strives to provide a welcoming community, in a quiet country setting, where individual members can work out their salvation and serve as a witness to the Orthodox Faith.
http://www.allsaintsofamerica.com/