Liturgical bathing?

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
spiridon

Post by spiridon »

I sometimes out of nowhere will start singing "Oh God save thy people and bless thine inheritance" and I stop myself and ask God to have mercy on me a sinner...Glorify Him anywhere and anytime you have a chance- and as Ive learned, never ask questions too many questions like these or you will find out that many things we do are better left unknown, because many things we do are not Right...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

Pensees

Post by Pensees »

spiridon wrote:

and as Ive learned, never ask questions too many questions like these or you will find out that many things we do are better left unknown, because many things we do are not Right...

Is there anything specifically wrong about singing the liturgy in the shower?

The Apostate

Post by The Apostate »

Pensees wrote:
Michael Astley wrote:

I wish I were in a position to even ask that sort of question.

What do you mean? I feel rather silly in asking it. :)

I mean that I am somewhat envious of you and wish that I spontaneously burst into hymnody throughout the day. You mustn't feel silly for being in such a position. Instead, be thankful. :)

Pensees

Post by Pensees »

Oftentimes, even when I am walking from home to work, I will burst into "Holy, holy, holy Lord! God All Mighty! By whose glory the heaven and earth are filled..." I wonder if anyone notices. :)