New bishop in HOCNA

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

padre

New bishop in HOCNA

Post by padre »

October 6 2006: HOCNA NOW HAS A NEW BISHOP! Priest-monk Demetrios (Kiriakou), age 31, of The Holy Transfiguration Monastery in Boston MA, was elevated to the bishopric on Sunday September 3 2006 at St Mark of Ephesus Church in Boston. Officiating at the consecration were Metropolitans Ephrem, Makarios, and Moses. The newly-consecrated Fr Demetrios is now a suffragan bishop to Metropolitan Ephrem. His title is "Bishop of Carlisle PA." Fr Demetrios began his monastic vocation at HTM when he was 18 years old. He grew up in Toronto Canada.

Now HOCNA have 5 bishops:

Ephraim, Metropolitan of Boston
Makarios, Metropolitan of Toronto
Moses, Bishop of Roslindale, Massachusetts
Sergios, Suffragan Bishop of Loch Lomond
Demterios, Suffragan Bishop of Carlisle

Fr. Anthimos
GOC - arch. Makarios

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Re: New bishop in HOCNA

Post by Sean »

padre wrote:

Moses, Bishop of Roslindale, Massachusetts

kyr Moses was elevated to Metropolitan of Seattle in 2004.

In Christ,

--Sean

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

Met moses will soon to be in loch lomand too.

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

Sean

Post by Sean »

spiridon wrote:

soon to be in lock lomand

His episcopal throne will still be in Seattle, but he and his twin brother, Monk Elias, who is his cell attendant, will be residing at the St. Gregory of Sinai Monastery. When I was last there in June, a building project was underway to add a new wing to the monastery building for this purpose.

Despota is such a down to earth man, and there's nothing aloof about him at all. When you talk to him, you just feel like you're talking to one of the guys. His parishes are spread out over such a large geographical region, and he is so attentive to his communities, that when he isn't traveling, or serving at the Cathedral, he needs the prayerful serenity of St. Gregory's. It's just paradise up on that mountain.

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

I totally understand what you mean, but too me ,when I talk to a Bishop or even a Priest, i dont want him to talk to me like im one of the guys...that has always been the downfall of my quest to find a True Confessor and reightous man of God, those i meet are are usually normal guys and talk about normal things(but the fact is they arent normal, or atleast they shouldnt be anymore)...Im looking for a man who dedicates himself in spirit aswell as in his words and actions to GOD, not a down to earth swell guy, who immediately throw canons out as spears ...Ive met a couple of True Confessors and have been blessed to spend some time with them - a couple of ArchBishops here in america all over 80 and still going and a couple of Matushkas in Convents all also over 80 years too and going strong ,they seemed really swell down to earth type of people ,all educated many years ago and knowledgable of canon law, but not foaming at the mouth with them to cover something they lack,the result was that acting like normal people was a total act, they were trying to hard to be normal down to earth people - and they werent, they were filled with the Holy Spirit , and couldnt act as you and me...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

spiridon wrote:

Out of curiosity why is that?

Sean

Post by Sean »

Anastasios wrote:
spiridon wrote:

Out of curiosity why is that?

Dear Brother,

I would refer you to my quote above:

"His parishes are spread out over such a large geographical region, and he is so attentive to his communities, that when he isn't traveling, or serving at the Cathedral, he needs the prayerful serenity of St. Gregory's. It's just paradise up on that mountain."

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...