Who is the Catacomb Church Hiding From? Reply to MP Cleric

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Who is the Catacomb Church Hiding From? Reply to MP Cleric

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

WHO IS THE CATACOMB CHURCH HIDING FROM? REPLY TO A MP CLERIC
Nun Mironia (Lunina), Samara province

Code: Select all

Who is the Catacomb Church hiding from? That question was given to me in a conversation before I joined the the True Orthodox Church of Russia by Fr. Sergius Zinchenko, a clergyman of the MP. I said to him then: it would seem, from the enemies of the Church, from the Masons. But events that followed my joining the True Orthodox Church of Russia showed me who is the Catacomb Church's real persecutor. It was the man who gave me that question that was the first to attack me and Monk Daniel (Soldatov), with whom I had made my move to the True Orthodox Church of Russia. Through him the local hierarch of the MP and those with him began systematically to frighten and persecute us, driving us deeper into the catacombs, so that we should 'not stick out'. Or, as one of the local 'priests' said, so that we should 'not get on their nerves'. At first it was Fr. Sergius with his main female assistant who came to deal with us, so to speak. 'to save us from our errors'. But when they became convinced that I was firm in my convictions, they began to frighten and threaten me. After some time had passed, on learning that people were beginning to join us - people who were disillusioned by the unrighteousnesses of the MP, and who understood how deeply the MP was stuck in the heresies of ecumenism and sergianism - they began to put their threats into practice. They threatened us with the police, and the police came. Glory to God, even there there turned out to be people who understood that we represented no danger to anybody, and were conducting no anti-state activity, but were simply praying and performing Divine services. Now this 'zealous pastor' has made a declaration to the FSB [former KGB]... But I hope and believe that even there with God's help they will understand that we are normal Orthodox Christians who are not dangerous for anybody."

(From http://catacomb.org.ua/modules.php?name ... e&pid=1140)