Schismatic Old Calendarism is an Anti-Patristic Stance

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Dear Theophan, I hope all is well with you and hope you had a wonderful pascha. You stated that you were confused about the grace in rocor question and then you said "I belieive ....", do not approach the situation with what you believe but approach it with the Saints teachings and I believe the confusion you have will clear up very quickly.

Pensees

Anti-Patristic: The Stance of the Zealot Old Calendarists

Post by Pensees »

Anti-Patristic: The Stance of the Zealot Old Calendarists
by Monk Basil of the Holy Monastery of Saint Gregory (Grigoriou), Mount Athos

It is hoped that the following article—translated several years ago, but not posted until now—will be of some help to Orthodox Christians who are wrestling with whether they should remain in communion with their Bishop or "jump ship" to one of the Old Calendarist groups. It may also help those who are struggling with whether the recent reconciliation between the Moscow Patriarchate and the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia means they should leave the ROCOR for one of the break-away churches opposed to the reunion...
http://orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/anti- ... alots.aspx

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Re: Anti-Patristic: The Stance of the Zealot Old Calendarist

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Pensees wrote:

It is hoped that the following article—translated several years ago, but not posted until now....

It has been posted here and is in fact the first post of the thread you have again attached it to.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Pensees

Post by Pensees »

Canonical Orthodox jurisdictions aren't that bad, at least you can know they are legitimate. At least they aren't cult-like and mentally or physically abusive to their members.

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

pansees said
"at least you can know they are legitimate. At least they aren't cult-like and mentally or physically abusive to their members."

I say- legitimate to whom ? what the world says is legitamate is usually connected to this world...
none of the True Orthodox that i have ever met or dealt with are as you say- the ones Ive met are caring and loving...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

Pensees wrote:

Canonical Orthodox jurisdictions aren't that bad, at least you can know they are legitimate. At least they aren't cult-like and mentally or physically abusive to their members.

You obviously know nothing about us. FYI: this is a True Orthodox Forum. Why do you keep lurking here and posting on this site if you think we're schismatics? You aren't even Orthodox. Go post on a monophysite forum.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Pensees wrote:

Rightttttt. You are so clueless.

www.pokrov.org --> abusers in every Church