American Parish left ROCOR-A and join to ROAC

Moderator: Mark Templet

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

I must also add that it might very well be good for this priest (if need be, with the help of the Bishop) to then make this more apparent to English speaking visitors to the website.

If I, as an Orthodox Christian, do not read Russian/Cyrillic than images such as these are going to also deter others who might not (and probably are not) Orthodox from visiting this church and possibly inquiring into the Orthodox Faith.

Just a thought.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

The best solution would be to put a veil on this statues so that nobody can see them...

Last edited by Jean-Serge on Fri 16 May 2008 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

Post by ... »

Brilliant idea Jean-Serge !

Lenexa

Post by Lenexa »

In Latin "Roman" Liturgic Tradition statues are covered during Great Lent. The best idea would be to move them, if possible, sometimes the statues are portable or can easily be loosed and removed, if they are a problem, and I think I did see a statue or two of Roman Catholic Saints, one Therese of Lisieux, but covering them would seem blasphemous to me considering it is the Paschal season and there are statues of Christ and the Virgin Mary. What I would like to know is how do they reconcile serving Liturgy in the home of Latins when St.Philaret ordered Archbishop Averky to cleanse the lower chapel in Jordanville after allowing Copts to have their liturgy there? What do the canons say about this? Does not the ROAC make a stance of following St.Philaret and not having any formal relations with heresy?
To let those reading know I have no personal issues and can understand why this would be done for right now but it still does raise questions for me considering it is the ROAC.
Please pray for me and forgive me for being misguided and accusatory in tone at times!

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

CHRIST IS RISEN!

The best solution would be not to serve on an heretical altar.

Last edited by joasia on Wed 28 May 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I think the building is rented to the catholic church. So maybe the statues cannot be moved since they are not the owners... That's why I suggested to veil them. As for the altar, I suppose that it received an orthodox consecration. I also suppose that no catholic ceremony takes place in this building now...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Christ is Risen!

Catholic churches(or any other kind), here, won't rent to an Orthodox parish that is not ecumenist(of course, I mean non-occupied churches in the basement). When the higher authorities find out who our bishop is, they don't even reply. So, those who do get approved, are ecumenist Orthodox.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)