It is time for our fund raising drive to start again

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

It is time for our fund raising drive to start again

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

As some of you may have noticed, the site has been really slow lately. It seems that we are going to need to upgrade our server due to the fact that we have more and more people visiting this site and using the various features every day. The easiest way to donate is to simply click on the "Donate" tab above or the "Donate" link above. We do not recommend a certain amount, but simply feel free to donate whatever you feel this site has been worth to you. Whether it be $1.00 or $1,000.00* we welcome any amount to help keep this site going strong. We hope to have some exciting features to announce in the new future if our fund-raising is successful just like it has been each other time. So I want to thank you in advance for your kind donations and for all of your presence here, as it is you, our loyal posters that make this place what it is. This site would not be a success without each and every one of you.

http://euphrosynoscafe.com/donate/

*For those outside of America, the US Dollar and economy is so weak now that any donation, after the exchange rate is processed, you make will be much more sizable than in the previous 6 years this site has existed!

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Mon 8 September 2008 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I went ahead and got the speed issue fixed although we have only received one donation of $33.00 so far. Please let us know with your donation if you would like to be publicly acknowledged for your donation or not. If you want to donate anonymously, your wish will be honored. Otherwise we will very publicly thank you for being a benefactor to this site.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Well, since we have only gotten one donation since we started the donation drive last month, I guess we are going to have to go to an advertising model to recoup costs in hosting this site. So when they are in place please do visit the sites of our advertisers as it will help pay the costs for running the Saint Euphrosynos Café.

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

尼古拉前执事 wrote:

Well, since we have only gotten one donation since we started the donation drive last month, I guess we are going to have to go to an advertising model to recoup costs in hosting this site. So when they are in place please do visit the sites of our advertisers as it will help pay the costs for running the Saint Euphrosynos Café.

Orthodox people don't give donations. They don't give money to homeless people. They don't give to charity. Contemporary Orthodox are TOTAL fake Christians. They are more into liturgy and the following potluck meal instead of living out their faith. How sad it is that Protestants, Roman Catholics and Evangelicals put us to shame.

I apologize for my sins.

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Incognito1583 wrote:

Orthodox people don't give donations. They don't give money to homeless people. They don't give to charity. Contemporary Orthodox are TOTAL fake Christians. They are more into liturgy and the following potluck meal instead of living out their faith. How sad it is that Protestants, Roman Catholics and Evangelicals put us to shame.

You are beginning to make me think you don't know any Orthodox people.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia