Hebrew and Prayer

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Are you a student of Hebrew text? What was the Hebrew belief of the Holy Trinity? Who did they think is the Holy Trinity?

It would be interesting to have an Orthodox explanation of the Hebrew beliefs...afterall, they were the prophets of the Messiah. Can you recommend any Orthodox authors?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Steven,

I appreciate the posts, in the details that they are. I was hoping for a more simple explanation. I am not a scholar and am too simple-minded to understand what you posted.

I thought a conversation on the subject would be a good start. You have still not answered my question on whether you have studied the Hebrew Holy Scripture. I've heard of Jews who have converted to Christianity and that peaked my interest in understanding the Scriptures of the Old Testament and the Torah. Perhaps this discussion should be moved to the Sacred Scripture forum.

Anyway, I hope to hear more from you and not just long passages.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)