CH-CH-CH-CH-Changes

News and updates pertaining to the Cafe itself, including policies and helpful information. This is also the place for users to pose technical questions or seek assistance in navigating the forum. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussion. No name-calling.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

CH-CH-CH-CH-Changes

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Dear All in Christ,

As many of you know, I was retired as a deacon after I questioned some uncanonical actions of the vicar bishop administrating the ROAC in America 2 years ago. For those that do not know about this situation, I politely wrote a letter to the vicar with my questions and concerns. I even had the letter edited by other clergy, including the bishop's Chancellor, to ensure the tone was proper. Writing the letter only led to my mission being closed down and attacks. So I wrote Metropolitan Valentine, synodal head of the ROAC and his other brother bishops with my original letter. Vladyka Valentin told me I was right to question his vicar but nothing came of my questioning other than attacks on me by said vicar. As such I have retired from the diaconate. With the administrator of parishes in America being a vicar bishop insistent on attacking me, I left the ROAC, as I was clearly no longer wanted.

After much thinking, I really liked the idea of clergy running the Saint Euphrosynos Cafe, but I was no longer a deacon but now a layman again. Truly Father Mark Smith takes care of running this forum on a day-to-day basis. However, Ioannis and I had really slacked with the administrative back-end issues, being so busy since we both work 12 hour work days. Hence the lack of updates to the forum software, maps, links, books of the month, etc..

Father Anastasios Hudson, who before becoming a priest, has been an on-and-off moderator here at the Cafe over the years, was kind enough to offer to upgrade the forum and take over the technical end of running the Cafe. So over the last month, Father Anastasios has worked to move the site over to its new PHPbb 3.x base and making improvements to the site. Unfortunately this led to more downtime than we expected. But as you read this, the site is back and in the capable clerical hands of Fathers Mark and Anastasios and continuing to be Moderated by Father Siluan Dignac. The three presbyters running this site are each from different jurisdictions and countries, but continuing the spirit of the site as a global pan-Orthodox traditionalist site. Please join me in wishing them congratulations, good luck, and "Many Years, Batushki!"

Thank you to all of you for helping make this site a great community over the last 6+ years. I may be stepping down as an administrator and moderator, but I will continue on as a participant at the greatest pan-traditionalist orthodox web forum on the world wide web, The Saint Euphrosynos Café!

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Tue 18 November 2008 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Re: CH-CH-CH-CH-Changes

Post by Anastasios »

Welcome back to the Euphrosynos Cafe. We are in the process of restoring some things such as the template that got altered during the upgrade. It will take a few weeks to get things fully back to normal. Bear with us, and email me @ anastasios0513@yahoo.com if you see anything wrong with the site.

In Christ,

Fr Anastasios

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Awww and here I thought this thread would be about Pres. Obama!!

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

尼古拉前执事, ie Nicholas wrote:

Truly Father Mark Smith takes care of running this forum on a day-to-day basis.

With 60+ new spam accounts started every day, I am already liking the new ability to delete batches of 20s instead of just one at a time!!

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

Can we put up some indication that this is an Orthodox Forum someplace. I like the new features, but this look is so generic. I miss the old cafe, it had so much more character. :(

Anyhow, thank you Nicholas for all of the work you have put into the cafe and for creating a place for traditionalist to be able to have a voice, without being subject to automatic ban or moderation for stating simple "unpopular" facts. :roll:

et vidi et audivi vocem unius aquilae volantis per medium caelum dicentis voce magna vae vae vae habitantibus in terra de ceteris vocibus tubae trium angelorum qui erant tuba canituri...

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

The entire template has to be recreated. That will take some time. Until then, you are stuck with the generic look ;)

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

Fr Anastasios wrote:

The entire template has to be recreated. That will take some time. Until then, you are stuck with the generic look ;)

LOL. OK... I guess we will all have to simply wait then. :lol:

et vidi et audivi vocem unius aquilae volantis per medium caelum dicentis voce magna vae vae vae habitantibus in terra de ceteris vocibus tubae trium angelorum qui erant tuba canituri...