Beware holy water & all water in @ former Soviet/CIS country

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Catherine5

Beware holy water & all water in @ former Soviet/CIS country

Post by Catherine5 »

MOSCOW – More than 100 Russian Orthodox believers have been hospitalized after drinking holy water during Epiphany celebrations in the eastern city of Irkutsk, an official said Monday.

A total of 117 people, including 48 children, were in the hospital complaining of acute intestinal pain after drinking water from wells in and around a local church last week, said Vladimir Salovarov, a spokesman for the Irkutsk Investigative Committee.

Salovarov said 204 people required some medical treatment after consuming the water, the source of which was a stagnant lake. He said, however, that it was too early to say what caused the illness.

Many Russians consider any water obtained on Epiphany — which they celebrate on Jan. 19 — to be holy.

Tap water in most of Russia is undrinkable

Catherine5

Re: Beware holy water & all water in @ former Soviet/CIS country

Post by Catherine5 »

A possible remedy to avoid the above type of situation and many other problems just occurred to me !

For any of us traveling to ANY area where the water is poor and food is full of chemicals, consider taking this NATURAL preventer of viruses and bacteria: ume plums. It occurred to me to mention this easy to take but powerful defense against all sorts of stomach ailments, because this Japanese made product is usually known only to macrobiotic food types in North America. But taking a few of these easy to consume plum concentrates a day often will sturdily prevent illness when abroad like magic, as I can testify myself.

Ume plum products are tremendous for digestion and the liver anyhow, but essential for travels to rural areas. They work by alkalinizing one's system.
Ume plum extract has been sold for decades by Eden Foods, and is worth every penny. You can buy the actual plums and eat those, or the much easier to consume form here
[if you happen to be traveling a long time, if you purchase a case, it's 10 percent discount from the price]

http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_ ... 10300below.

The plums by themselves taste very bitter but are far less expensive. It's worth the price or the bitter taste no matter which type one chooses.
For as we all probably know, it's a terrible thing to get sick when away from home, whether abroad or within one's own region of North or South America or Europe.

A firm, iHerb, selling the Eden Foods Ume plum products listed them as good for "athletes, workers, Emperors, samurai, armies and navies"!

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Catherine,

Code: Select all

I was going to recommend Stolichnaya vodka as an antidote, but then I remembered that the last time I bought a bottle of Stolichnaya at the local liquor store, I ended up having to return it because it tasted simply terrible--somewhat like isopropyl rubbing alcohol.  Since then, I have tended to buy Finlandia or Absolut vodka instead, for medicinal purposes only, of course.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Why would the water be bad? All waters are blessed on the day of Theophany. This is obviously an attempt to discredit Christ by the evil one. The report is a lie.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)