Obama to God: "Bring It On?"

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Catherine5

Re: Obama to God: "Bring It On?"

Post by Catherine5 »

Ian, I was trying to be NICE. Unlike a lot of posters on Orthodox sites, particularly NFTU which is the rudest and crudest I have yet seen.
I thought the Euphrosynos Cafe was much more refined and intelligent than there. But you are pulling it down by such attacks that you made above.
One makes a nice comment to try to uplift someone who did maybe a lot of work putting together posts, or people who are doing good work for the Church such as building a monastery, and you people attack as if something cruel had been said. Why can't you stand a person making a POSITIVE comment?
I was about to resign from this site the other day. Then I saw that one person, Kybihetz, had written a thoughtful answer to something I had asked.
Otherwise I was prepared to say that I'm tired of these displays of hatred toward a group about which they know NOTHING. And toward Catholics too. For what? Does this make you a "man" to lash out like this?
I think it's pathetic.
There a billion pieces of Jewish and Protestant and much other propaganda garbage against any aspect of Islam. I don't need you to go hunting amongst that huge volume flooding the internet and bring it here.
For any person seeking to find a bunch of lies, there are many demons willing to oblige and lead them right there.
THIS simple injustice and darkened prejudice alone is enough to cause huge disasters for America: slandering a good people who are devoted to God more than any Christians I have met of this era. I'm not talking about the Great Orthodox hierarchs and Saints of the past.
Whether Orthodox or anyone, Christians today have a zero rating for basic human kindness.
Not every one but the vast majority of Americans and so=called Christians are selfish, arrogant in the extreme, full of all sorts of temper outbursts quite often, even have mental and emotional problems due much to the presence of demons. Don't laugh. Get rid of the demons that cause these serious distortions of mental outlook.
So why is anyone supposed to take these as a model, or worship at their shrine? THESE are the New Chosen People?
Give me a break.
God looks at who is good, number one.
You don't get a free pass to heaven for being Orthodox or Christian of any denomination!
So ungrateful, so cruel in your attacks.
My observation is that in general the Orthodox I have met are quite insensitive and think only for ONE person: himself.
It takes a HEART to have an ability to FEEL what other humans may FEEL to reach out to others and be supportive and thoughtful of THEIR feelings.
They don't even know what having a heart means, nor do they strive to improve their heart. They think they have it all just by becoming Orthodox. It's not really different that simplistic Protestant idea of getting "saved" by proclaiming Jesus. Who cares what sins they do or how cruel they are, oh, no they will be with God no matter what.
Wake UP, don't fall into the same devil's distortion!

It's obvious you, Ian, are putting a lot of work into these posts. I for one am grateful to get the information.
Days you didn't post updates, I was waiting for the next installment of for example BP oil spill news.
But many readers of all these sites are so passive, they never give any reinforcement for GOOD or BENEFICIAL insights or comments or news. Posters and readers say nothing, much of the time.
What alarms is that there is no healthy emotion; no reaction, no "affect" as it's called in psychology on many Orthodox forums. That is not a sign of Angels but of the opposite. It's sad that only on extreme liberal Orthodox discussion groups, like OCA, do people treat each other with a modicum of respect.
Our moderator is the exception to this, and also Kyb. who is more conciliatory in his mode, and once in awhile others.

I'm asking for people here to elevate the level of their mentality and interaction with other posters.

Because no one commented, and because I felt glad for the information - but not your conclusions or pro-Israel take on the attack which repelled me - I tried to express gratitude and show that people ARE reading and assimilating the information you laboriously have generated assumedly for our edification.
Instead of responding politely, you just viciously attacked me.
Why this hated in so many of these so-called "Christians"?
I haven't seen a bit of Christian consideration for anyone but the person himself or herself.
I pray no one will even read your vicious attacks on Muslims. Because they DO extend themselves to help others, no matter what religion.
Maybe you came from evangelical quarters yourself - you sound like them in your "Christian Supremacy" attitude.

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

Catherine5 wrote:

Ian, I was trying to be NICE. Unlike a lot of posters on Orthodox sites, particularly NFTU which is the rudest and crudest I have yet seen.
I thought the Euphrosynos Cafe was much more refined and intelligent than there. But you are pulling it down by such attacks that you made above.
One makes a nice comment to try to uplift someone who did maybe a lot of work putting together posts, or people who are doing good work for the Church such as building a monastery, and you people attack as if something cruel had been said. Why can't you stand a person making a POSITIVE comment?
I was about to resign from this site the other day. Then I saw that one person, Kybihetz, had written a thoughtful answer to something I had asked.
Otherwise I was prepared to say that I'm tired of these displays of hatred toward a group about which they know NOTHING. And toward Catholics too. For what? Does this make you a "man" to lash out like this?
I think it's pathetic.
There a billion pieces of Jewish and Protestant and much other propaganda garbage against any aspect of Islam. I don't need you to go hunting amongst that huge volume flooding the internet and bring it here.
For any person seeking to find a bunch of lies, there are many demons willing to oblige and lead them right there.
THIS simple injustice and darkened prejudice alone is enough to cause huge disasters for America: slandering a good people who are devoted to God more than any Christians I have met of this era. I'm not talking about the Great Orthodox hierarchs and Saints of the past.
Whether Orthodox or anyone, Christians today have a zero rating for basic human kindness.
Not every one but the vast majority of Americans and so=called Christians are selfish, arrogant in the extreme, full of all sorts of temper outbursts quite often, even have mental and emotional problems due much to the presence of demons. Don't laugh. Get rid of the demons that cause these serious distortions of mental outlook.
So why is anyone supposed to take these as a model, or worship at their shrine? THESE are the New Chosen People?
Give me a break.
God looks at who is good, number one.
You don't get a free pass to heaven for being Orthodox or Christian of any denomination!
So ungrateful, so cruel in your attacks.
My observation is that in general the Orthodox I have met are quite insensitive and think only for ONE person: himself.
It takes a HEART to have an ability to FEEL what other humans may FEEL to reach out to others and be supportive and thoughtful of THEIR feelings.
They don't even know what having a heart means, nor do they strive to improve their heart. They think they have it all just by becoming Orthodox. It's not really different that simplistic Protestant idea of getting "saved" by proclaiming Jesus. Who cares what sins they do or how cruel they are, oh, no they will be with God no matter what.
Wake UP, don't fall into the same devil's distortion!

It's obvious you, Ian, are putting a lot of work into these posts. I for one am grateful to get the information.
Days you didn't post updates, I was waiting for the next installment of for example BP oil spill news.
But many readers of all these sites are so passive, they never give any reinforcement for GOOD or BENEFICIAL insights or comments or news. Posters and readers say nothing, much of the time.
What alarms is that there is no healthy emotion; no reaction, no "affect" as it's called in psychology on many Orthodox forums. That is not a sign of Angels but of the opposite. It's sad that only on extreme liberal Orthodox discussion groups, like OCA, do people treat each other with a modicum of respect.
Our moderator is the exception to this, and also Kyb. who is more conciliatory in his mode, and once in awhile others.

I'm asking for people here to elevate the level of their mentality and interaction with other posters.

Because no one commented, and because I felt glad for the information - but not your conclusions or pro-Israel take on the attack which repelled me - I tried to express gratitude and show that people ARE reading and assimilating the information you laboriously have generated assumedly for our edification.
Instead of responding politely, you just viciously attacked me.
Why this hated in so many of these so-called "Christians"?
I haven't seen a bit of Christian consideration for anyone but the person himself or herself.
I pray no one will even read your vicious attacks on Muslims. Because they DO extend themselves to help others, no matter what religion.
Maybe you came from evangelical quarters yourself - you sound like them in your "Christian Supremacy" attitude.

Dear Catherine5, Defender of the Islamic Faith and Internet Policewoman of Crude and Insensitive Remarks By Orthodox Christians.
Thanks so much for your balanced and intelligent assessment of that terribly rude and crude pseudo-news gossip site NFTU. It's so nice and lovely of you to have made the effort to police and clean up the Euphrosynos Cafe, helping to balance and refine it. I'm happy that you have found at least one balanced and intelligent poster on this site in Kybihetz and hope that now with your presence and assessment of this shameful situation here it will attract more posters that fit your ecumenical frame of mind, again I salute you and also invite you to come and grace NFTU with your wise and worldly postings, helping to save and refine that site also into one anyone would be proud to proclaim they read. Please Catherine5 help us, Lord knows we need it.
How insolent of anyone to act as if they know better than you, considering all the places you have visited worldwide. They truly are cruel, pathetic and presumptuous excuses for Christians, disrespecting and insulting Islam, considering how much it has done historically to bring light to a darkened world. They would be much more respected and believable if they just follow your example of insulting and disrespecting Protestant and Jewish propaganda and leave those poor peaceful Muslims alone. Naughty, naughty all you haters !
Please, oh please dear Catherine5, don't ever resign from this site, I beg you, don't even threaten it ever again. It would be just too much for us all to bear. Besides who would be left to compliment those few refined shining stars that occasionally do post that you would be leaving behind.
The Bible says no one may come unto the Father but through the Son. That must be a misprint, as you say basically, the only free pass to heaven is to be good. Quoting you, you say, "God looks at who is good, number one". Now those are ecumenical words to live by. Please people, can we all just be nice, refined, balanced and intelligent human beings like Catherine5?

Catherine5

Post by Catherine5 »

I quite apprehend your sarcasm.
Why don't YOU try to shape up that place?
To me they are wasting their time and attracting few people of merit. If someone writes something warm and supportive about the topic of the website's post, not her topics of interest, she -meaning me of course is elbowed aside with threats of censorship if I continue to make supportive comments about people doing good.
I don't even like the thrust of that website, as though there is nothing else happening except picking out evil about the Catholic Pope.
It's so distorted, when there are abundant serious problems facing the world.
One has to look for the real truth behind events, not regurgitate the same old tired mudslinging at Catholics. Why are some of these converts to Orthodoxy who may have come from a Catholic culture like watchdogs against everything the Catholic Church says? Something is wrong with the entire outlook. It seems SOME I don't know these particular people, but some are so busy denouncing Catholics to curry favor with the Orthodox who may be suspicious of them due to their Catholic origins. The whole thing is stupid and plays into no one's hand but the demons.
I view Protestantism as a rebellion started by the devil. I see it as from a bad root which only led to further wrong turns and hence the compromises made today. Not to mention their evil stance against the Mother of God and the Saints.
For example about homosexuals. Why does NFTU NEVER ONCE MENTION EVEN THE TINIEST ITEM against homosexuals?
Maybe there are too many in this particular field, so they don't want to offend.
Very strange, that utter silence on this most crucial crisis.
That's playing into the devil's hand too, catering to the dark.
They aren't a news site, they are only a New Calendar and Catholic-attacking site. Why don't they label that clearly so we know whether we can benefit or not from reading it?
But too:
Why do I have to look at two sets of hierarchs / officials hugging each other every time I open it?
I don't like to have my eyes polluted - it's a very low feeling from having to see this. I respectfully suggested they put Metropolitan Philaret's picture so we can all be uplifted by his ethereal heavenly grace. They refused, but did put his picture below. When I wrote thanking them, she snapped wildly that I was off the post topic. These people are too immature and un-evolved. Sorry, I wouldn't go back there after that.
Unless they number one, apologize, and number two, change to being CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DESTRUCTIVE.
Demons seek to destroy, and mercilessly attack and pick out tiny things to complain about. People who have no compass point or Low Self-Esteem follow, mesmerized, never using their discernment.
I refuse to follow this bad path. I try to offer support and ENCOURAGEMENT wherever I see good being said and done. This is not 'ecumenical', it's the right way to behave in every department of life!