Milan Synod and American Metropolia publicly break communion

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Milan Synod and American Metropolia publicly break communion

Post by Suaidan »

Constantine, do you have anything left to say?

http://news-nftu.blogspot.com/2011/04/a ... as-no.html

"Furthermore, the Greek Sister Synod had issued a statement only a few months ago declaring the Mysteries of the Patriarchates to be invalid. This along with the American and Greek Sister Synods insistence upon the European Synod adopting a clearer stance provoked factions within the European Synod to flare up and 'seize' control. After a few days of these pro-unionist sentiments being expressed on Milan's official Italian website, there were heated responses and contacts. Matters devolved rather quickly, especially with the infamous Bishop Abundius in control effectively of the European Synod. Bishop Abundius made clear that he desired a union with the Patriarchates, and especially with the Moscow Patriarchate, and he would not tolerate statements that contradicted this, let alone that called into question the grace or salvific character of the Mysteries and ecclesial actions of the Moscow Patriarchate, or any other World Orthodox Patriarchate.

While an investigation was still being conducted on the part of sources in Europe (including the Greek Sister Church of the Milan Synod, as well as the American Sister Church), a statement was published which ended the communion between the American and Greek Churches and the Synod in Milan. The statement can be found here:

http://ihtis.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/statement-2/

It makes clear, among other things, that the Synod in Milan will seek union with the MP under any circumstances, and that it will punish any relcacitrant clergy in Italy who refuse; as well as stating that it has ended any liturgical communion with any Old Calendarist Orthodox Church or with those it had formerly been in communion with (i.e., the American, Greek, and Bulgarian Synods). It further commands its clergy to commemorate the Patriarch of Moscow, and the MP's Metropolitan of Moldova."

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

costaswright

Re: Milan Synod and American Metropolia publicly break communion

Post by costaswright »

Suaiden wrote:

Thanks be to God for the wisdom of Metropolitan Evlogios and those with him. It's pretty ironic... had I not been lied to and forced out of the Milan Synod, I would have still ended up in the canonical Orthodox Church (for I would never have gone with the new Milan Abp. John was creating even in 2005 when I joined the old Milan.)

God is calling the scattered sheep back to His Church; they have heeded His call, as I did.

Will you?

In Christ,
Rd. DC

| Reader David-Constantine Wright
| --- constantinewright@yahoo.com
| --- http://constans_wright.tripod.com
| "God became Human so that humans could
| become gods." - St. Athanasius the Great

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

costaswright wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

Thanks be to God for the wisdom of Metropolitan Evlogios and those with him. It's pretty ironic... had I not been lied to and forced out of the Milan Synod, I would have still ended up in the canonical Orthodox Church (for I would never have gone with the new Milan Abp. John was creating even in 2005 when I joined the old Milan.)

You weren't lied to. (I'd rather we didn't start accusing people of lying, that's a two-way street....) That said, I don't think you get what's happening. This is a coup by two Bishops of our Synod. We cannot confirm ANYTHING Metropolitan Evloghios thinks on these matters. All Europe's Bishops have been "retired" by Milan. The American Metropolia is trying to determine what happened to them as we speak.

This is easily the most evil thing that's happened over there, and I personally believe Metropolitan Evloghios might be held captive at this point. Abundius is doing the talking, Abundius is taking the phone, Abundius is now speaking for everyone he can and those he can't he is claiming are retired. We cannot recognize Milan while Abundius is in charge of Her destruction, but the Metropolitan is in my prayers. Sadly, the ending of the story is looking tragic.

Now I understand why the Mother of God was crying up till a couple of weeks before Vl John got to Milan. I was stupid not to have seen sooner something would go terribly wrong. But this is not the end of the Synod, Constantine. Just-- maybe-- the end of this Primacy. But the MP will have this as they wish. There will be no "Milan-MP". There will be the Synod, and those who leave for the MP.

We are not letting Europe go down without a fight.

costaswright

Post by costaswright »

Suaiden wrote:

There is nothing you can do to thwart the will of God, which is that all the sheep scattered in the various splinters return to the Holy Orthodox Church. "God is with us; understand, o ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us." This is indeed being witnessed in the return of the Milan Synod to the canonical Orthodox Church, a glorious thing to see. Sadly, there may be some who refuse to follow the will of God and fission into even more splinters, but that does not alter the fact that the Holy Synod of Milan is coming home. Even clergy from your own MAB are coming home as well. Glory to God!

And you can do nothing to stop that.

With love of Christ's Holy Orthodox Church,
Rd. DC

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

costaswright wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

There is nothing you can do to thwart the will of God, which is that all the sheep scattered in the various splinters return to the Holy Orthodox Church. "God is with us; understand, o ye nations, and submit yourselves, for God is with us." This is indeed being witnessed in the return of the Milan Synod to the canonical Orthodox Church, a glorious thing to see. Sadly, there may be some who refuse to follow the will of God and fission into even more splinters, but that does not alter the fact that the Holy Synod of Milan is coming home. Even clergy from your own MAB are coming home as well. Glory to God!

And you can do nothing to stop that.

With love of Christ's Holy Orthodox Church,
Rd. DC

Actually, we are actually gaining more clergy than losing; I don't think you are aware of that. (You never are, it seems.) And I agree God wants an end to the schisms of the Churches. But not by entering into the apostasy you've joined.

As for "the Milan Synod" joining World Orthodoxy: let's consider:

Until yesterday, the Milan Synod had six Bishops, and the Metropolia had three Bishops.

Abundius, speaking for Italy, broke communion with the three Bishops, all the sister Churches, and then proceeded to retire the Bishops outside Italy.

In short, two active Bishops (perhaps three, but as no one can speak to the Metropolitan we have to go on the word of the two) have gone to Moscow. Out of nine.

That sure doesn't sound like "the Milan Synod joined Moscow". It sounds like "the Archdiocese of Milan is joining Moscow".

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

costaswright wrote:
Suaiden wrote:

Even clergy from your own MAB are coming home as well. Glory to God!

I should also mentioned that the clergy we are getting now, thanks to the confession and prior dealings with you, are more stable even than those of a couple of years ago. Glory to God! We aren't getting ambitious careerists looking for a way to be more "official".

costaswright

Post by costaswright »

Suaiden wrote:

\Until yesterday, the Milan Synod had six Bishops, and the Metropolia had three Bishops.

Abundius, speaking for Italy, broke communion with the three Bishops, all the sister Churches, and then proceeded to retire the Bishops outside Italy.

In short, two active Bishops (perhaps three, but as no one can speak to the Metropolitan we have to go on the word of the two) have gone to Moscow. Out of nine.

That sure doesn't sound like "the Milan Synod joined Moscow". It sounds like "the Archdiocese of Milan is joining Moscow".

I guess by now you've discovered that the rest of the European bishops, rather than continuing with you in schism, are coming home to the Church as well. There is something earth-shattering (in a positive way) about all this: this is the
first time that a Florinite Old Calendar Church as a body has seriously sought to be reunited to the canonical Orthodox Church (beyond negotiations, I mean, such as Milan had done for many years before with the MP and the EP and the
Oriental Orthodox).

I'd say you're discovering the same thing I did when I was an extremist... to paraphrase the popular song, "I fought the Church, and the Church won."

Glory to God!

WIth love of Christ's Holy Orthodox Church,
Rd. DC