Pentecost Saturday Vigil

Discuss the holy Mysteries and the liturgical life of the Church such as the Hours, Vespers, Matins/Orthros, Typica, and the Divine Liturgy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Pentecost Saturday Vigil

Post by joasia »

Hello All,

I've been trying to find an English translation of the Vigil Service for Pentecost on-line. I'd like to download it to my Reader so that I can follow along as my Church does it in Slavonic. Since many of the members here do services in English, I had hoped that someone might suggest a website where these translations are offered or if you have a Word file in your personal data, that would be great.

I found this website, but unfortunately I can't open it. There seems to be some kind of error. If someone else could, then I'd be so grateful. If it can be copied and pasted on Word and posted, then maybe I could open it. I think it would be most beneficial for others too.

http://www.orthodoxliturgicaltext.com/

In Christ, Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

ANGELA

Re: Pentecost Saturday Vigil

Post by ANGELA »

Hi Joanna,

Sorry, tried to open it and it wont let me.

Thanks
Angela

JHunt777
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

Re: Pentecost Saturday Vigil

Post by JHunt777 »

Fr. John Whiteford of ROCOR sends out Sat night vigil texts which are particularly helpful for those who live far from church and cannot attend Vigil and the Divine Liturgy. I you would like to receive these emails, or if you would just like the Vigil for Pentecost, you can contact Fr. John at:

vigil-texts-owner@yahoogroups.com

This is the link to the Yahoo Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vigil-texts/

In Christ,

Jason