CBS News - Secret Santa Miracle

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

CBS News - Secret Santa Miracle

Post by Maria »

Tonight a miracle was reported on the CBS News

An atheist who is a heroin addict was asked by his girl friend to do the impossible.

PRAY

Financially desperate, this 30 year old man prayed to God for help for the first time since childhood.

The next day, Secret Santa gave him a 100 dollar bill, and this atheist was brought to tears.

He realized that this was not a coincidence, but was a direct answer to prayer.

He decided to check himself into a drug rehabilitation center and this time to complete it successfully.

Let us pray for him.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: CBS News - Secret Santa Miracle

Post by Maria »

Here is another generous soul:

Mystery shopper provides Miracle on Brooks Street | KPAX.com | Missoula, Montana

http://www.kpax.com/news/mystery-shoppe ... tyPhoto/0/

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: CBS News - Secret Santa Miracle

Post by joasia »

Maria,

Please don't be offended, but I just don't believe in this American propaganda. I just can't feel so enthusiastically as you do.

My question is....where does Jesus Christ fit into all these Christmas stories? There doesn't seem to be any focus on that? And as Orthodox Christians, shouldn't we understand that there's something wrong? There's never any mention of Jesus Christ being born. I just noticed that if you rearrange the letters, santa can become satan. The U.S. has created their own super-hero out of false pretense. Santa is not St. Nick. Santa is the Coca-cola Santa.

In Christ,
Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)